EMT Basic-starting courses in August 2007

NicoleP

Forum Ride Along
Hello Everyone,

I will be starting EMT program in August and will be done in December. I will have my EMT-B certification. I live in Orlando, FL and I wanted to know that job scope around here, salary, etc. I am interested in working in a Fire Department but I am not sure how difficult that is. Does anyone know? I am also up for private and public amblance services.

I also have a question for people outside of Orlando. I am looking in a year or two to possibly move out of Orlando. I have lived here for 25 years and would like a change. I am up for anywhere even out of state. If anyone can give me any info on that it would be great.

Thank you so much! ;)
Nicole

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Sarasota County, Florida is expanding rapidly (population wise) and the city of North Port is growing even faster. Fire & EMS are part of the same department. They have built a few new stations over the past couple of years and I know they have even more planned.

Plus this area has a lot of money and equipment is top notch. The recently replaced every rescue unit (ambulance), probably 20 or 30 of them, not to mention the number of engines and trucks they replaced.

1Rodneyk

Forum Ride Along
Sarasota County, Florida is expanding rapidly (population wise) and the city of North Port is growing even faster. Fire & EMS are part of the same department. They have built a few new stations over the past couple of years and I know they have even more planned.

Plus this area has a lot of money and equipment is top notch. The recently replaced every rescue unit (ambulance), probably 20 or 30 of them, not to mention the number of engines and trucks they replaced.

Chimpie, are you on the department in Sarasota?