EMT-B to EMT

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
I was just messing around w my Registry account and I saw the Transition option.
It says "Do you intend to transition from EMT-Basic to EMT?"
And then it says if you select you you have to provide documentation, etc

Is this the whole AEMT transition, or something else?

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
It's something else...NR is doing away with NREMT-B and just going with NREMT instead

OP
OP
ARose

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
It's something else...NR is doing away with NREMT-B and just going with NREMT instead

Are they trying to streamline everything below a Medic?

OP
OP
ARose

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Basically ....emt, advanced emt, paramedic.

Roger, thank you. How is the Advanced working so far? I know there are some issues w the curriculum, by haven't heard much about them in the field.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Roger, thank you. How is the Advanced working so far? I know there are some issues w the curriculum, by haven't heard much about them in the field.

I have no experience with how they are in the field..Vermont where I am hasn't implemented them into the state yet. The district is graduating classes of advanced emts but they are stuck in limbo untill the state adopts them into protocols. I'm taking my advanced class in the fall. Hopefully the kinks will be worked out by then with the state. I assume it will be very similar to the intermediates now or the same. They have the ability to do thing such as IO and NO2 but it looks like the district will put a leash on that and not include it in protocols.

I think it'll be easier with 3 distinct provider groups and easier for the public to delineate between providers with titles such as advanced emt instead of intermediate.

OP
OP
ARose

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
I have no experience with how they are in the field..Vermont where I am hasn't implemented them into the state yet. The district is graduating classes of advanced emts but they are stuck in limbo untill the state adopts them into protocols. I'm taking my advanced class in the fall. Hopefully the kinks will be worked out by then with the state. I assume it will be very similar to the intermediates now or the same. They have the ability to do thing such as IO and NO2 but it looks like the district will put a leash on that and not include it in protocols.

I think it'll be easier with 3 distinct provider groups and easier for the public to delineate between providers with titles such as advanced emt instead of intermediate.

I'm currently in an AEMT bridge class, which has been postponed w/out explanation. I wonder if this is why I'm in suspended animation.