EMT-B state exam on June 12th!!! Confident but nervous!!

bigcountryEMS32

Forum Probie
Studying and waiting, will be glad when it gets here, just wondering if anyone has taken it recently!!! Hope to get it the first go around. I have really studied hard and did really well in the class and skills. Will continue to study until the big day. Just wondering about some feedback on how some of yall did taken it for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:

CountryMed

Forum Ride Along
Hey,

I just got the results back from my provincial exam (I'm in Canada) and I passed my EMR (sort of equivelent to EMT-B). I really thought I had failed the written part, but managed to pass it with 4% to spare. :) Not a great mark, but considering how I thought I had done....I'll take it.

I tried to stay calm while doing the practical and written, but that was hard to do considering you could probably have cut the stress in the room with a very dull knife. I've never seen a group of people who were that stressed. I personally knew one person who threw up before they came to the written.

So my advice would be to just take it all in stride. Try to stay calm and remember that it's not the end of the world even if you don't make it the first time. When doing the written part I tried to just focus on the exam and ignore everyone else. Don't worry if the person beside you finishes and you're only half way through. Maybe they didn't study and just gave up, maybe they guessed half of them, maybe they're absolutely brilliant and aced the thing...who knows and who cares...just concentrate on your exam and finish at your own pace.

Well that's my two cents.

Wes

JennyKitten76

Forum Probie
In the military we are given 6 weeks to learn skills and material, then we take the NREMT and do skills eval. Luckily, I was a little (;)) older than the average n00b, so I tried very hard to avoid the pressure they put on you.

If you know your stuff, then keep the skills fresh in your head, remember that common sense trumps 'trick questions'and take time to chill. Go for a hike, go out to eat with friends, something the day before the test. I personally don't recommend studying too hard the night before.

:)

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Studying and waiting, will be glad when it gets here, just wondering if anyone has taken it recently!!! Hope to get it the first go around. I have really studied hard and did really well in the class and skills. Will continue to study until the big day. Just wondering about some feedback on how some of yall did taken it for the first time.

You know your stuff, you'll do fine.

In the military we are given 6 weeks to learn skills and material, then we take the NREMT and do skills eval. Luckily, I was a little (;)) older than the average n00b, so I tried very hard to avoid the pressure they put on you.

Thank you for your service.