EMT-B Refresher

Whatawaste9218

Forum Probie
Hey I am enlisting in the Military as a Firefighter but before boot camp i will take my EMT Basic class and take my state (California) test to get my EMT B license. I know there is a 24 hour online license refresher I can do every 2 years to keep my license, but is there any websites for books i can read while in the service to keep stuff fresh in my head so I can easily pass the refresher test every 2 years until I'm out of the service (I will be serving 5 years so I will need to refresh 2 times). Also is there any other suggestions on things I can do to keep the things they test on for the license fresh in my head while in the service?

Thanks appreciate the feedback

rogersam5

Forum Crew Member
I am not sure why you would want to get your Basic and then not use it for 5 years. There is a lot of practical skills that you will need to stary fresh on and it is really hard to do that without actully doing them.

On that note, will the millitary be sending you to any "medic" type courses? If so you may not even need to take the basic class as I think some millitary courses quallify you for the NR exams. I might be wrong though