EMT B Questions

twiggysgirl34

Forum Probie
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the world of EMS having completed my class at the beginning of August 2011. I took my Connecticut state practicals on August 17. I got approval from NREMT to sit for the CBT exam even though I hadn't received any word on my practical results. Turns out my results had been mailed to the wrong instructor. Instructor got it figured out and I got the practical results from him the same day my computer test results posted on the NREMT site.

That was well over a month ago and my practical results haven't hit the NREMT site and the site still says that I need to take my practicals. I have no number in the online license look up and I'm starting to worry that there might be an issue.

For what it's worth, I have talked to my instructor but he doesn't seem to be as worried as me. I'm terrified that there was another mix up and that somehow, I'm going to have to take all that testing again. Who submits my practicals to the NREMT, the state or my instructor?

Has anyone else had any difficulties like this before?

EMSANTHEM

Forum Crew Member
The instrutor does i beileve make sure that on your initial application, you have the correct instructor listed, contact you program director good luck

EMSANTHEM

Forum Crew Member
Did you take all six stations?

OP
OP
T

twiggysgirl34

Forum Probie
Yes, I took all six stations. I know I have the right instructor because he was able to input the part for completing the course.

Talked to my instructor this morning and he says that it is Oems that puts it in. He was able to confirm that the state does have all my paperwork, so that's a plus. Unsure of how the state would confirm my practicals with my nremt application. And of course, according to the nremt, I haven't taken the practicals yet.

EMSANTHEM

Forum Crew Member
I would contact your local state ems office keep contacting them because there is no reason that you should have to do them again if u passed them

MedicBender

Forum Captain
It took me almost a month for NREMT to get my results from the practical and post the results on the website. It may just be a slow day on their end

OP
OP
T

twiggysgirl34

Forum Probie
Eight weeks and still nothing. I'm terrified that everything I've learned will have been forgotten by the time my certification posts.

EMSANTHEM

Forum Crew Member
you need to have a sit down with you EMS-I thats not right if you passed i just prayed 4 u

OP
OP
T

twiggysgirl34

Forum Probie
Today is day 70 and I'm still not a certified emt. This is all extremely frustrating and apparently they made my instructor resubmit my paperwork for a third time.

OP
OP
T

twiggysgirl34

Forum Probie
Complaining must have finally gotten me somewhere.

My national reg certification number posted today!

Still waiting on the state.

EMSANTHEM

Forum Crew Member
very nice:p the state can take a while anywhere from 4to6 weeks here in CT.

You're done now just let it fall into place Go Party!