EMT-B pay northwest arkansas

EMT hopeful

Forum Probie
i was wondering what the pay rate is for an EMT-B in northwest arkansas (harrison) im hoping to be able to pay my bills and make this a career while working towards paramedic...my current income is only 800 a month so as long as i make that or more im good....someone let me know please!!!

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Woahhh, take a chill pill. Remember almost everyone works here or has other responsibilities. The pay will depend on your company. And your hours will too. Hoping some one can be more specific.....

reaper

Working Bum
You have to give people time to respond to you questions!

You will not make a lot, but you should make more then you are now. Shifts will be 12 hour or 24 hour shifts. Depends on the system in your area.

I suggest talking to whatever service runs in your area, they can answer your questions.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
ok, im going to try real hard to be nice here.

hi! welcome to emt life! congratulations on your decision to possibly consider giving some thought to maybe making a career out of ems!

a couple of pointers:

searching is your friend! there is currently a thread on emt pay going on. it was started yesterday.

four posts in four hours in the middle of the day is a little out of control. some folks are at work and arent monitoring the board. if somebody has answer to your query, they'll be along and post it. if not, well, it happens.

you wont always get an answer to a location specific like that right away. off the top of my head, i dont know fi we have any arkansas emts as members so you might not get an answer at all. give it a while.

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
lol sorry guys just excited and hyper as hell....ill calm down i promise

Its ok to get excited, don't let these old folks on the boards get you down. Starting a new career and working your way up, gives you a good feeling inside.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
yeah, dont let us bother ya. some of us are, well as my forum rank says, tapped

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
i was wondering what the pay rate is for an EMT-B in northwest arkansas (harrison) im hoping to be able to pay my bills and make this a career while working towards paramedic...my current income is only 800 a month so as long as i make that or more im good....someone let me know please!!!

NARMC EMTs and Medics usually work 24 hour shifts and if you are on the truck in Harrison, you help in the ER usually as well. The average is $7-8/ hr for NARMC and TCAD in Hollister pays more (and Missouri does not charge ANYTHING for a license or reciprocity). St. Johns in Berryville pays about the same as NARMC EMS. Baxter Reg Med Ctr pays comparable as well.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
7-8 bucks an hour!? Yikes!

Arkymedic

Forum Captain