EMT-B course begins Tuesday

DanTheBassistMan

Forum Probie
Finally, I only have a few more days until I begin my EMT course. I am extremely excited to be preparing for a career in EMS. I am taking my course at McLaren EMS Education in Flint, MI. The one thing I'm concerned about is that me and a few other students have not been able to get our books yet. Our instructor told us that he will take care of it (books have been out of stock for awhile) but I wanted to read it through before the first day of class.
Anyways, I've bought a new, much needed backpack for carrying my books and stuff, some pens, pencils, and notebooks. From reading on here and other sites, it seems like I did the right thing not buying a bunch of expensive gear that I will barely be using. All I plan on keeping on me, besides my backpack, is my usual phone, keys, wallet, and knife. Any other tips will be greatly appreciated since I'm starting this Tuesday!

chicsurfs

Forum Ride Along
Finally, I only have a few more days until I begin my EMT course. I am extremely excited to be preparing for a career in EMS. I am taking my course at McLaren EMS Education in Flint, MI. The one thing I'm concerned about is that me and a few other students have not been able to get our books yet. Our instructor told us that he will take care of it (books have been out of stock for awhile) but I wanted to read it through before the first day of class.
Anyways, I've bought a new, much needed backpack for carrying my books and stuff, some pens, pencils, and notebooks. From reading on here and other sites, it seems like I did the right thing not buying a bunch of expensive gear that I will barely be using. All I plan on keeping on me, besides my backpack, is my usual phone, keys, wallet, and knife. Any other tips will be greatly appreciated since I'm starting this Tuesday!
Go online. Google human EMT B prep tests & get an idea of what you'll be expected to know. I start in Jan and got my book online they charge $50,00 at the college got mine for 10.00 ebay. I'm studing med terminology, heart attacks vs, strokes, signs & symptoms of shock, skeletal extra.. good luck.