Emstat 5

41 Duck

Forum Lieutenant
We're required to upgrade to this by the end of the month. Just wanted a heads-up, so I would know what I'm in for when we make the switch.

From everything I can deduce from Med-Media's website, it sounds like a clunky, bloated program which is primarily for companies with Toughbook --or similar-- computers in their ambulances, which we don't.

Is anyone using this? Thoughts? Quirks? Feedback?

We're currently using Emstat 4.

Later!

--Coop

lcffemt

Forum Probie
EmStat5

We upgraded to EMStat5, and the process took quite a while to get all the quirks out. Yes, it is designed for 'Toughbook' or similar system use. There are larger buttons, on the screen, to enhance a touch screen operation (I want our office machines to get touch screen :p ).
The biggest initial problem was going through every single support list and making sure the items you need are on the list. It took several days to find all the problems that we needed to fix for our organization. Also, it seems like a lot of your preferences/support lists from EMStat4 did not cross over. Sometimes, you may add something to a support list, and it doesn't show up when completing the PCR. You got to go into the support lists, deactivate, activate, and hope it shows up now.
Overall, I like the design. But, maybe that's because I am a 23 year old techy/gadget guy. Our members are starting to like it, just like any new program, it takes a while to figure out how to use it. (And stop trying to use a regular desktop screen as touch screen!)
Big thing is to make sure that you have several of your members (that you trust) as a "Manager" Level access, to help with the support list problems. The nice thing is that you can login through the webcur (www.webcur.com) and change the support lists at home. I was actually able to do this with my iPhone. This way, members could call me and I could help them, without being at station. Go through trying to do many different types of PCRs to see what might be missing. We were able to play around, without saving the PCR.
The one part I found confusing, is that to get to the MVC data (location in car, contributing factors, etc...), you have to check "Injury Present" above the body diagram (even if your patient didn't have injuries). This will enable a new tab that pops up.

OP
OP

41 Duck

Forum Lieutenant
Much thanks!

They did the switchover last night. I'm on-duty tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes.

Lancaster, eh? Where at?

Later!

--Coop