Ems

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
As I stand there in an untidy, but not unclean, room at 2:30 in the morning, lit by a single light on a ceiling fan, I look around. I see my patient, an elderly male on the ground with an obvious deformity to his shoulder, still with a hint of a smile on his face that was there when we arrived, being tended to by my partner and two firefighters. Off in the corner, my patients neighbor, in one hand holding my patients medications, in the other hand a cloth he just used to clean the blood up from the phone that the patient spent an hour crawling to so he could get some help. Neither the patient nor the neighbor had ever seen me before in their life. And all I can think to myself is

Damn, words cannot describe how awesome it is to be privvy to a situation such as this.

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
I too have been amazed at the amount of trust someone puts in my hands, a total stranger who has responded to a request for help. They trust my knowledge, experience and they also trust me to keep everything they say in confidence.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I get that feeling on hospice calls. It's very humbling and amazing to be part of someone's end of life care.

VCEMT

Forum Captain
First time was when I was a new EMT-D and ran a call on a family member that I was always hated by. There I was, patching the :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: up and then driving her fat *** code to the hospital.