EMS Wallets!

Nelg

Forum Crew Member
I'm looking for a good, quality wallet for field work. The one I have has all but destroyed my NREMT card, rubbing most of the ink off. (reordered that).

I've been looking at some on qmuniforms.com (I know, police site, but they had some great EMT pants there too) and just want to see what everyone might recomend. Tired of buying a new wallet every year anyways because mine just fall apart.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm looking for a good, quality wallet for field work. The one I have has all but destroyed my NREMT card, rubbing most of the ink off. (reordered that).

I've been looking at some on qmuniforms.com (I know, police site, but they had some great EMT pants there too) and just want to see what everyone might recomend. Tired of buying a new wallet every year anyways because mine just fall apart.

My wallet rubs off the ink on my state cert card. It's leather. Try making a photocopy of your cert and carrying that folded up with you. Problem solved

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
or laminate your cards. It's what I did and they're in great shape now. I learned after I had to get a replacement copy of my initial NM EMT-B cert

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Lam your cards

No money? Use clear package tape.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
or laminate your cards. It's what I did and they're in great shape now. I learned after I had to get a replacement copy of my initial NM EMT-B cert

Definitely. I laminate everything. Especially since I put my CWP through the washing machine. :rolleyes:

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Definitely. I laminate everything. Especially since I put my CWP through the washing machine. :rolleyes:

Going to agree, laminate your stuff. I learned the hardway, I recently lost ALL of my certification cards except my NR and State because they are laminated/plastic.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Are they still perfectly valid if laminated? I thought some of them say "Do Not Laminate This Card". Or maybe I'm thinking of my social security card...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Are they still perfectly valid if laminated? I thought some of them say "Do Not Laminate This Card". Or maybe I'm thinking of my social security card...

I've never seen that on any of my certs or alphabet soup cards. But a SS card DOES say that.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I've never seen that on any of my certs or alphabet soup cards. But a SS card DOES say that.

Mine doesnt. :/. Might be because it's the original one I was issued when I was less than a month old though. :p

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Mine doesnt. :/. Might be because it's the original one I was issued when I was less than a month old though. :p

Off topic but I don't feel like googling it. Anyone know why you can't laminate a SS card?

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
It probably makes it harder to tell if the card is valid or not, in the same way that laminating a bill of currency would make it difficult to verify its authenticity. You need to be able to feel the paper, as well as look for certain fibers.

OP
OP
Nelg

Nelg

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, defiantly try laminating. Did not even think of that route. Ended up ordering a wallet from qmuniforms.com that seems to be working fine. Trifold with a slip for a clip-on badge, and larger, less "sucking" plastic. My NREMT card was the only one being demolished, though. Something about the ink and the material of the card I guess, but my Arkansas cert and California card are still as good as when i got them.

Joe

Forum Captain
I donr even carry that stuff with me, I have it in a go bag tho. My cpr card is another story. Its in the plastic thing with my dl and it aint commin out any time soon. Thing is permanetly stuck in there

CodyHolt83

Forum Lieutenant
I guess as soon as I figure out how to make enough money to justify carrying my wallet, then I'll start looking for one! Lol:rolleyes: