EMS Related Jobs

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
I'm in the middle of my EMT Certificate and I'm wanting to try and find a job more closely related to the EMS field. I have a great job now that I've had for 3 years, make good money but its just not doing it for me. I've always had a steady work history and my resume shows long-term jobs and advancement with every job. I've been in Management for the last 2 years. My questions to you is, is there a job that I could do in the EMS field that could just get me "in the door" so to speak. It would be entry level, I get that, I'm not worried about starting at the bottom again. I can be humble about it. I've looked into Clerical type jobs at local hospitals and clinics as well.

OP
OP
Fry14MN

Fry14MN

Yes, I don't know if there is something else or not. If there isn't then I'm just SOL until I'm done with my certification.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, I gotcha. Some ambulance companies have "logistics staff" where you clean the ambulances and restock the cabinets etc. A great way to learn where everything is, get a foot in the door for an EMT spot and still be flexible enough to fit with your school schedule.

OP
OP
Fry14MN

Fry14MN

That's why I was looking into some Clerical/Admin type jobs at the local hospital but I don't really want to sit at a desk all day.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
There are ambulance companies out there that hire dispatchers who aren't EMTs. Not sure if they require EMD certs, but I've seen people doing it.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
If you have a good job now, the smart thing to do would be to keep working that gig for the next couple of months. EMS isn't going anywhere.

OP
OP
Fry14MN

Fry14MN

Thanks everyone for the responses. The job I work now is 6 days a week 10 hours days and I manage to go to school in between there as well so if I can volunteer I will sure try.