EMS = Perversion?

OP
OP
c-spine

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
I've been told I'm cute, if that makes a difference, Luno. I still don't want to be cornered in a place where everyone tells me I can feel safe, and be asked if I'll consider having sex with a guy that... um... well...no.

I plan on talking to the Aide on Tuesday, letting him know I'm very uncomfortable with it; he's married, which sort of bothers me... I consider his wife a friend of mine. And I don't want to be killed by her. He doesn't understand that I'm not (very) interested in him. If he was 20 years younger and single, I'd consider it.

Originally Posted by EMTPrincess
Not just my EMS friends, but friends in general. Its like yea, I told you I was on my way to WalMart to go grocery shopping, but I figured I'd strip naked before I went to see if I could get any better deals.

BEST. POST. EVER!

Automatic win for the Princess!

I second that motion!

Tcert - Yeah, I've told Paragod about it. He knows, and I've told him I'm uncomfortable with it. I'm going to absolutely cling to his sexy *** on Tuesday to hopefully get Dan to back off... hopefully it won't give it away though... -.-

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Now, this might just be my area or my friends, but does anyone else have their EMT/medic friends ask them if they're naked just about every time they talk to you? Without fail, I am asked by ever guy EMT/medic I know if I'm naked when I talk to them on the phone... :huh:

Sigh. No. Sadly, nobody ever asks me if I'm naked. Which is sad because I usually am.

*sighs* No love in the world. ;)

gradygirl

TROUBLE
I'm going to absolutely cling to his sexy *** on Tuesday to hopefully get Dan to back off... hopefully it won't give it away though... -.-

I dunno, girl. That sounds about as easy as the Stud trying to grab my *** on scene without giving anything away. ;)

besublime1119

Forum Ride Along
Might as well get used to it. ems is a F**k fest. Don't date more than one person in ems or you will be just like 99% of us. I met my finace in emt school and im amazed at all the people that f*** anyone ems of the oppisit sex. ever hear of e-harmony try emt-harmony!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Might as well get used to it. ems is a F**k fest. Don't date more than one person in ems or you will be just like 99% of us. I met my finace in emt school and im amazed at all the people that f*** anyone ems of the oppisit sex.
Too true. I've seen "squad sluts" etc... In truth, I've met some folks who SUCK as EMT's... it seems as if they've advanced through EMS with, umm, some non-medical skills.

ever hear of e-harmony try emt-harmony!
Sounds great. Sign me up!

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
Too true. I've seen "squad sluts" etc...

It is exactly this double standard that us women have to put up with. If one of the guys taps every female on the department he's the man and gets mad props... if a girl sleep with more than one guy, then she's the squad slut.

I am so glad that I have a boyfriend and he is at the same department so I don't even have to deal with most of this. Even with my man just in the next bay over, I have to constantly fend off the guys like pitbulls on a rump roast.

OP
OP
c-spine

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
yeah... Dan's a student, not an instructor, Liese, so that makes it easier. Paragod and I hung together anyway - we were both on my car doing ked extrication *without* cutting the car apart... lmao

Sineath02

Forum Lieutenant
hahaha

Im the hottest guy at our office..and that is a fact

OP
OP
c-spine

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
you must be a paragod? :p just kidding....

I'm just dead sexy. And unwanted sexual advancements are...well...unwanted! lol

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Anyone into a long-distance relationship ;)??

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Sorry dude, already in one! ;)

Actually, come to think of it, all of my boyfriends/friends-with-benefits have been EMTs or medics...I think it's cause I love guys in uniform...maybe that's why people on TCERT named me the Uniformed Emergency Services Personnel W***e... :blush:

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine

"If he's cute, it's flirting. If he's not cute, it's sexual harrassment"

bah-dum..ching!

I am the cutest guy in our office. I'll just ignore the fact that we really don't HAVE an office. :-D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Sorry dude, already in one! ;)

Actually, come to think of it, all of my boyfriends/friends-with-benefits have been EMTs or medics...I think it's cause I love guys in uniform...maybe that's why people on TCERT named me the Uniformed Emergency Services Personnel W***e... :blush:
Nice. Real Nice.

Even better that you brag about it :rolleyes: :p

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Mmmmmmmmmm, not so much bragging as thinking out loud...then shaking my head at myself because, as much as I'd rather not admit it, they're right... :blink:

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
I actually had a guy when me and the boys went out for lunch he says "your an EMT right" I was lik "Yeah" h stated "you handle emergencies right?" I nodded then he states "Well I have an emergency you took my breath away and I need mouth to mouth..cant breath" I proceeded to send one of the boys to the ambulance...was going to intubate the guy if he couldnt "Breathe"

Im perverse to an extent it takes the stress off BUT Im selective who I joke with and when I keep it professional as possible..as for EMS getting around. IM happily taken and dont the guys know not to push my limits, if my teacher however tried to sleep with me...there would be serious issues there....

OP
OP
c-spine

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
lol Tcert. I've been called the "w" word, the "s" word, and I've been called a lesbian by many people. Hmm... let's see... I've got a guy..most of my friends are guys..I've got 1 close girl friend.. yup. I must be a lesbian. -.-;

"If he's cute, it's flirting. If he's not cute, it's sexual harrassment" <---- LMAO!!!

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Short and simple.. very few that arent.. The main reason I wont date anyone involved in the emergency services.. they all get around..

That's an inappropriate generalization. I will admit that I make comments, but I DO NOT "get around" and many of the people that I run with would also be offended by that remark.

As for the perverse thing, i think that we all have to be warped in the brain to be in this field, and have to find humor in the most twisted and disgusting things in order to survive... a little thing that i like to call "stress management"

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Too true. I've seen "squad sluts" etc... In truth, I've met some folks who SUCK as EMT's... it seems as if they've advanced through EMS with, umm, some non-medical skills.

Sounds great. Sign me up!

Jon theres a girl I work with...shes the Boss favorite... I walked in one day she was doing favors bfore I could catch Myself I was like...":censored::censored::censored::censored: Next thing I know Im going to walk in and your heels will be poking out from underneath his desk" Married or Not Im 99.99percent sure shes sucking or F**king to keep her job because she cant even lift a f**king stretcher

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
Married or Not Im 99.99percent sure shes sucking or F**king to keep her job because she cant even lift a f**king stretcher
People like that really p***es me off. I know that I am not the best EMT-B in the world, I make mistakes, I'm human. But there is this one woman in the department whose been on the squad for about 10 years. I think I have done more calls in my 2 1/2 years then she's done in her 10 years. Of course, it helps that her husband is the Asst. Chief. I've had the (unfortunate) oppurtunity to run with her once or twice and in the once or twice that I've run with her I almost threw her off the ambulance. The only reason why I didn't at least say something to her is because her husband, the asst. chief, showed up on both of the calls I've been on with her and 'taken over' from her. The asst. chief is a good EMT, his wife isn't. It's not just me that thinks that either. I've had side bar conversations with just about every member of our squad and it's pretty much hands down that we all think she's incompitent.