EMS magazine?

Fankango

Forum Ride Along
is there any good EMS magazines. i like to keep up on new studys and reviewing practices so an ems magazine would be fun to subscribe to. i got fire house cause they have a few articles here and there on EMS but i am looking for something better

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
is there any good EMS magazines. i like to keep up on new studys and reviewing practices so an ems magazine would be fun to subscribe to. i got fire house cause they have a few articles here and there on EMS but i am looking for something better

Most all ems magazines are trade magazines. Jems for example....dont let their name fool you. You may catch a study here and there ..,,but that is it.

You will be better off with, up to date or medical journals like nejm.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
I dunno, I wouldn't pay for a subscription to JEMS, but they usually have a few good studies per issue, worth leafing through your employers copy.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have a free script for EMS World... But my favorite is the Air Medical Journal, which I get with my IAFCCP membership

ThadeusJ

Forum Lieutenant
It doesn't hurt to read JEMS or EMS World as both have decent content while advertising emerging technologies. However if you want a research based publication, Prehospital Emergency Care has more empirical evidence geared towards practice. Keep in mind that what is studied in some regions may not apply to your practice. For example, a study performed in a large urban centre that has a 6 minute transport time may advocate practices that don't apply to a rural setting where you are an hour or more from assistance.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Set up an account with an RSS reader and add feeds from every EMS and EM related magazine, blog, journal, podcast, and website that interests you. Everytime a new article, blog post, podcast, or study is posted on any of those sites, it'll show up in your feed.

I have 46 feeds in mine. Everything from JEMS to Emcrit to PEC to critical care and anesthesia journals. It's the only way to stay on top of everything.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Set up an account with an RSS reader and add feeds from every EMS and EM related magazine, blog, journal, podcast, and website that interests you. Everytime a new article, blog post, podcast, or study is posted on any of those sites, it'll show up in your feed.

I have 46 feeds in mine. Everything from JEMS to Emcrit to PEC to critical care and anesthesia journals. It's the only way to stay on top of everything.

excellent advice ^^^

amanda30

Forum Ride Along
The EMS world and EMS Pro magazines look good to me I do not know but there are many other popular magazines as well

KellyBracket

Forum Captain
Set up an account with an RSS reader and add feeds from every EMS and EM related magazine, blog, journal, podcast, and website that interests you. ...

Twitter is also great for this, since you can follow some great conversations about new evidence and old controversies in EM/EMS.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Twitter is also great for this, since you can follow some great conversations about new evidence and old controversies in EM/EMS.

Yeah, I haven't been able to get into Twitter. Maybe I'll check it out again.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

I used to have that setup.. now that I've got a tablet that I'm setting up as primarily a reader, I might do it again.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I used to have that setup.. now that I've got a tablet that I'm setting up as primarily a reader, I might do it again.

I use Feedly. You can access their website from any computer, and they have apps for all the devices.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
for trade magazines I like EMS world magazine. For professional peer reviewed journals, I enjoy prehospital emergency care. However I get free access to it with my university, normally its a paid journal.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Here is the list of my clinical RSS feeds. Bolded are my favorites.

Blogs/Podcasts/Websites
Airway News
Anaestricks
Anesthesiology News
Clinical CrED
EM Nerd
EMCrit
Emergency Medicine Updates
EMS1 Columnist Articles
EPMonthly
Expensivecare
FlightBridgeED