EMS in the Middle East

seshan

Forum Crew Member
Are there any EMT's on this board from the Middle East?

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I worked for a period of time in Israel, for Magen David Adom. I cant write about it right now, but take a look at my posts from the end of 2007 for some info...

phabib

Forum Lieutenant
I'm in Egypt now. I'm was trained in the states and I haven't worked here in EMS but I know about the system. What's your question?

cw15321

Forum Crew Member
Currently in the UAE, not working EMS. However have applied for a couple of jobs in the country. Can give you info on what I have learned.

Also applied for a job in KSA. Can give you info on that.

I think that AMR is currently looking for KSA. Not sure what that is all about.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Currently in the UAE, not working EMS. However have applied for a couple of jobs in the country. Can give you info on what I have learned.

Also applied for a job in KSA. Can give you info on that.

I think that AMR is currently looking for KSA. Not sure what that is all about.
Yeah... I've been seeing those postings. Never thought they were in international EMS.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Used to get a lot of ads for nurses in Saudi.

Paid well, but overhead was murderous if you stayed within the "American Compound" ($7 bottle of ketchup cited in 1985), and no extraterritoriality...you mess up, and "the embassy won't help you now". Not sure about nowadays.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah... I've been seeing those postings. Never thought they were in international EMS.
Probably a good thing that they are branching out across the pont. As fast as they are being run out of every major market in the U.S., they won't have anyplace left to go anymore pretty soon!

Seshan, are you looking for EMTs of Middle Eastern origin, or just EMTs who work in the Middle East?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anu

Forum Crew Member
How do you find work in a foreign country as an EMT trained in the US? Do you have to join the Armed Forces?

Last edited by a moderator:

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
How do you find work in a foreign country as an EMT trained in the US? Do you have to join the Armed Forces?

Google

"paramedic/emt jobs in the middle east" (Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc)... you will find plenty of hits/info. Actually getting the job and getting over there, well that's another story. From what I've gathered, you need to have [know] someone on the inside, in order to fast track you through the red tape and endless sea of applicants.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
If you're just an EMT, you need a lot more than someone on the inside, lol. Almost all of those jobs are for paramedics and nurses, and pretty much only those with years of hardcore experience. Two weeks of night school just won't get you far outside of the U.S.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Go to the Middle East by joining military...

reminds me of that T-shirt, "Join the Marines, see the world, meet exotic people, and shoot them", no?