• Fire Department

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Private Company

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
What type of EMS agency is your primary EMS affiliation with?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Technically, I am primarily affiliated with both - they are structured differently but generally I put in at least 6 hours a week (that's when we're not busy) with each:

1. a volunteer fire department which runs its own ambulance (known as the rescue squad or Company 5)

2. a volunteer EMS agency which covers 3 fire districts who do not run their own ambulances.

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
My volly station is an "ambulance squad" providing all EMS with three ambulances and a dedicated rehab unit. We have no FD affiliation.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Volunteer FD that provides BLS service with 2 ambulances. All FFs (except a couple of the new ones) are EMT-1s.

firekountrybunny

Forum Ride Along
I have worked for two different services in the past year. Both are county based and partially funded by the county and the rest by the hospital that we are based out of. During the times that we are not running on the truck (which is a lot, since we only run 1-2 calls a day) we work in the ER of the hospital. At one of my jobs, we jave 3 ambulances stationed at the hospital with 2 EMT and 1 Paramedic on at a time. We also have two ambulances staffed by volunteers, which happen to be mostly the same people who work at the hospital station. The vol ambulances are located in rural areas in the county. We respond in conjunction with First Responder units sent out by township vol fire departments. At my second job, we staff two ambulances for the county. One out of the hospital with 12 hour shifts and a second out of a fire department in a small town on the opposite side of the county. If we need to take a transfer out of county, one crew goes and the other sits in a parking lot in the middle of the county until they return - sometimes up to 6 hours - very boring!!! <_<

croaker260

Forum Crew Member
Both of the agencies I work for are 3rd service county funded ALS services. I love it.
AT my primary job, Ada COunty Paramedics (www.adaparamedics.org) we run between 7-9 transport units every day, 1 non transport suburban , and 3 ALS supervisor vehicles for a total of 10- 13 ALS response capable units every day. We run approx 17,000 call a year, all 911.
We run a mix of EMT and Paramedics, but every car has a medic on it.