EMS a very SAD PROFESSION

wehttam

Forum Probie
would luv to introduce myself my name is matthew browne presently i am living in the caribbean (anguilla) work at the local hospital as an emt-b and i luv my job i have a passion for my job to me ive found my calling dont let the heading of the opic mislead you i am just angry with the lack of respect please note in my community its not like that the emt profession is some what in its infant stages in the caribbean but would luv to highlight some observation.

how does the nursing profession view cc-paramedics????

i find it very interesting it seems as if paramedics in the states well first of all they are at the bottom of the food chain and there is no respect given to them what so ever its sad.

i do hope with the new rules from the NREMT that more states will adapt that approach and close some of the loop holes etc etc my next step in my career is to become a paramedic ive aready applied to suny cobleskill and ive gained acceptance and yes i will do a two year paramedic program AAS .personally i will never recommend a three month paramedic program to any emt i think its a slap in the face and such programs should be banned dont understnad why it is so damn hard to do.

I am so heart broken and torn paramedics are highly skilled professionals that dont get the respect they deserve, after carrying out my research i will put some paramedics up against some nurses in the skills department any day .

Yes i know some may argue that both professions are different and i agree but at the end of the day they are similar the long and short of it is, one is geared twds long term care and one is geared twds short term care hence my reason for believeing in the paramedic to nursing bridge programs for paramedic .

personally if i am going to do a bridge program some may ask why would i want to do a nursing programs i am not one who believes in limiting oneself i want to keep all of my options open i want to have the nursing qualification just in case i may need it some day .I dont inted to be lifting pts at the age of 50 lol so yea u have to think about all of that , after a few yrs or para i will do it through a universtiy/college and not online ive done the research and despite what some may say i do believe the bridge program is the way to go for paramedic however i'll say this as well providing you have the AAS degree.

some may say that they do it becuse they luv it ,yes we all do .but at the end of the day just doing it because u luv it isnt going to pay the bills and from my observation cost of living is not decreasing it is getting more and more each day why should a paramedic have to hustle two jobs why cant we afford to have one job like lets say a nurse and live a comfortable life style dont get me wrong i am not saying that some dont but look at the big difference in pay and not only pay but respect . i do believe that paramedics do deserve the same respect as nurses and i do hope that one day what is due to us in the ems community we will get.

Why cant the great USA pattern what other countries are doing in the parameidc community i.e MAKING PROGRAMS 2 years mandatory even ofer bachelors degree u know i am not going to blame the fire depts etc for the state of ems. EMS NEEDS TO BLAME ITSELF FOR THE STATE OF EMS.I am really annoyed that politics would detract from such a great profession as stated i do hope that the new regulations by the NREMT will bring positve changes the funny thing is i really do hope that the propose changes by NREMT actually get pass the proposal stage and they are actually implemented. thats all for now

not trying to step on any one toes just calling it as i see it

Last edited by a moderator: