Emergency Ambulance Service, Brea. Hiring Process?

Mekbm

Forum Ride Along
I've been out of a rig for a little less than a year to but I'm thinking about applying for EAS in Brea to get back on an ambulance.

Is anyone familiar with the hiring process? Thanks in advance.

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
I've been out of a rig for a little less than a year to but I'm thinking about applying for EAS in Brea to get back on an ambulance.

Is anyone familiar with the hiring process? Thanks in advance.

Hi. Just saw your post. Our hiring process is detailed on our company website. Go to emergencyambulance.com and click on the careers tab. Pretty much everything is there. If you have any questions give us a call.

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
We made some changes to the process and they're detailed on the links in the applicant tracking system. Please feel free to call our HR office at 714) 729-1225 if you have any questions,

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Emergency is primarily IFT no? I’m sure the chances of you landing on a dedicated Fire rig are slim to none.

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Emergency is primarily IFT no? I’m sure the chances of you landing on a dedicated Fire rig are slim to none.

ITBITB13, Yes, you're wrong. We are not primarily IFT. Our call volume is greater than 50% 911 calls and we have more than one fire rig. You might be confusing us with Drs. which only has 1 dedicated fire unit. EMTs move on and off our fire units all of the time so saying slim to none is a stretch. Everyone starts off doing IFTs or working on a 24 that does IFTs and fire calls. When a opening comes up they can bid for it. But if you want instant access to a fire shift it just doesn't happen in a smaller company. Some might view it as a disadvantage of working for a smaller provider but there are many more advantages that larger company's aren't offering.

wtferick

Forum Captain
ITBITB13, Yes, you're wrong. We are not primarily IFT. Our call volume is greater than 50% 911 calls and we have more than one fire rig. You might be confusing us with Drs. which only has 1 dedicated fire unit. EMTs move on and off our fire units all of the time so saying slim to none is a stretch. Everyone starts off doing IFTs or working on a 24 that does IFTs and fire calls. When a opening comes up they can bid for it. But if you want instant access to a fire shift it just doesn't happen in a smaller company. Some might view it as a disadvantage of working for a smaller provider but there are many more advantages that larger company's aren't offering.
How many 24s in total? 3-4?

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
Sorry. Just saw your post. We have 5 and are looking to add more. We are also transitioning shifts to kelly's so there is s need to hire more EMTs. We've also opened up a few attendant only positions for applicants who are under 20 1/2 and can't meet our insurance underwriting guidelines.

miyasaka

Forum Ride Along
Hey deadhead,
I’m new to the whole process of EMS. I currently don’t have my drivers license because I can really seem to pass it at the dmv where I live. I was wondering if you guys hire guys who are just attendants and then move on to driving when I do get a license. I currently work two part time jobs and am also helping out my parents with paying rent and insurance so I’m getting a little desperate for a full time job. It’s been almost 5 since I got my EMT-B certification and was just wondering if EAS has any openings for attendant only positions.

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
Hi Miyasaka. Our employment process is posted on our company website under the careers tab. There's a separate section that describes all requirements for EMTs. We do have attendant only positions, but you still must have a California Class C Driver's license to get hired. We do make an exception for the CA Ambulance Driver's Cert. We allow you 60 days to obtain it if you are over 20 1/2 years old and if under you can wait until you are cleared by our insurance carrier. Please check out our web page - it should have all the info. you could possibly need.