Elite EMT academy in Hurst TX - any opinions/reviews?

BigDEMT

Forum Crew Member
Was looking for a night class for EMT-B and these guys are the only ones that offer a 2 nights a week class (everyone else are 3+ nights a week).
I couldn't find anything substantial on them on the web (good or bad).

Anyone from the DFW area that's been through there, worked with some one that did or heard anything about them?

Thanks in advance :)

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I'm involved in education in the DFW area and have never heard of them which throws up a big red flag to me. BIG red flag.

Community colleges or EMTS are prbly better options.

OP
OP
B

BigDEMT

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the reply Kyle.
They see to be a small setup (3 instructors only). Here is their website: eliteemtacademy (com)

Do you of another program in the area that offer a 2 nights a week classes?

OP
OP
B

BigDEMT

Forum Crew Member
I'm on the other side of the metroplex (Plano-Frisco area). It'll be more of a noon class for me :confused:

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
They are brand new, mainly fall out from the Methodist EMS program closing. The program is being headed up by the previous coordinator for the EMT program at Methodist. Laura Torrez always had her ducks in a row and all of her i's were dotted and t's were crossed at Methodist, so I am assuming the situation will not be any different at Elite.

They are new and have not established track record yet, but the faculty and leadership have been doing it a while at a previously very successful EMS Education program. I probably wouldn't have any qualms about directing a friend towards them for primary education.

Kyle...how have you been?

OP
OP
B

BigDEMT

Forum Crew Member
They are brand new, mainly fall out from the Methodist EMS program closing. The program is being headed up by the previous coordinator for the EMT program at Methodist. Laura Torrez always had her ducks in a row and all of her i's were dotted and t's were crossed at Methodist, so I am assuming the situation will not be any different at Elite.

They are new and have not established track record yet, but the faculty and leadership have been doing it a while at a previously very successful EMS Education program. I probably wouldn't have any qualms about directing a friend towards them for primary education.

Kyle...how have you been?

Thanks WTEngel!
I was getting a little worried about them.
I'll be visiting the facility tomorrow afternoon and will share my impressions here for future references.

Suzanne

Forum Ride Along
Thanks WTEngel!
I was getting a little worried about them.
I'll be visiting the facility tomorrow afternoon and will share my impressions here for future references.
Did you end up going to Elite academy? I am interested in them but would like some opinions!