EF4 Tornado

crazycajun

Forum Captain
Hopefully all of our brothers and sisters in Joplin Missouri are safe.

FreezerStL

Forum Crew Member
Hopefully all of our brothers and sisters in Joplin Missouri are safe.

Indeed.

I was in Joplin this weekend for Missouri Southern State University's (MSSU) graduation ceremonies. Thankfully, my family and I made it out before the storm hit.

My brother has a few friends that lost everything :sad:

My thoughts go out to all the families down there.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Roger that.

THey lost a six mile long swath of town in the twister, then it started raining. At least that suppressed fires.

Archymomma

Forum Crew Member
More thunderstorms went through yesterday and more are expected across our area for the next few days.

Our service has asked for people to be on standby for deployment down to Joplin (we are about 150 miles away to the NE).

A good friend's family lives there and are OK - but the only thing left standing was the hallway of their house, the hallway they were in during the tornado.

Link to CIMSS Satellite video of the storm cell over Joplin:
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/blog/archives/category/goes-13

OP
OP
C

crazycajun

Forum Captain
My family and I wish to offer our thoughts and prayers to all affected by the weather in Missouri. If we can do anything for any of you please let us know. We don't have much but what is ours is now also yours.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Just watched the news and the tornado that went through joplin was upgraded to a EF5. There are more severe storms coming through the area tonight from oklahoma. I dont know whats up with mother nature this year but she needs to chill with all the severe storms and tornados.