DT4EMS Instructor Course

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
DT4EMS said:
I am going to apply for CEU's in every state I can. I am looking to take the show on the road so to speak.

If you know of your states EMS office where I can apply could you let me know? If you know of a specific contact person I could use that too.

This will help two ways, first if you come to one in Missouri your CEU's would already be approved. Second if they are good in your state, it would make it more appealing for an agency to host a course.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kip

PA has approved a similar course in the past.... There was 1 last month that I wanted to do, but couldn't.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
See HERE: http://chesterfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2041

Street Survival for EMS

The contact info is for one of the local Fire Departemtns that occasionally puts on Con-Ed. I know they had someone come in to teach the class... but I don't know who.

Jon

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
MedicStudentJon said:
See HERE: http://chesterfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2041

Street Survival for EMS

The contact info is for one of the local Fire Departemtns that occasionally puts on Con-Ed. I know they had someone come in to teach the class... but I don't know who.

Jon

Does't look too bad at all. I commend them for the 16 hour stance. Most places try to do something in the 4 hour range. That is nowhere near enough.

I would be curious to see how much was taught on the levels of force as well as the documentation aspect. I am also weary of palm-heeling a person in the face that has you by the shirt.

Those force options don't equal out most of the time. Of course I am only commenting about the pics.... I didn't see any of the actual legal material covered. It may be top notch.

Just remember, no matter where you train.....

As a medic/EMT/civilian.........we have the duty to retreat! Even when you use self-defense, you must be able to articulate you had no other option than force at the moment you used it.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yep... the back of an ambulance is small, and I'm not jumping out when it is moving... that's why we have "Modified O2 therapy" ;)

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Spring-Summer Special

We are going to run a special on the DT4EMS-1 (Initial) Course. Instead of $150.00 it will only be $99.00 for the two days and 16 CEU's.

We can come to you ( if you "host" us) or come see us!

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
When ya going to do something in Los Angeles, huh, Kip?

Though don't know how big of a crowd we'd have...EMS seems to be all FF or FF hopefuls around here...not that they wouldn't benefit, but probably concentrating their training efforts and cash of different stuff.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
When ya going to do something in Los Angeles, huh, Kip?

Though don't know how big of a crowd we'd have...EMS seems to be all FF or FF hopefuls around here...not that they wouldn't benefit, but probably concentrating their training efforts and cash of different stuff.

Hopefully '07 is the year I get to "travel" a bunch. With us making the front page if Missouri's EMS magazine (Code 3) and getting to teach at the conference I think we are on our way.

I always look at FF as being a part of EMS and vice versa. We can simply change the name and call it DT4FF (just isn't as catchy :) ) It would be 100% same content.

jmaccauley

Forum Lieutenant
Anthony, send some L.A. contact information and I'll make sure they get a flyer for the class. I'm Kip's motivator by the way.