Drug Bag/Box

Medic2891

Forum Probie
I am on my department's inventory committee and am looking at downsizing from our current bag to something much lighter and more manageable, but carries the same amount of items. I would like to know what you are all carrying. Thanks for the input.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
this ought to get you started:

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=6571

normally id hammer you relentlessly for not searching, but thats a pretty obscure title so its not likely you would have found it; so this is your free pass.

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
I can't help you out.. I think our service went for the biggest, most awkard to carry jump bags ever invented

boingo

Forum Asst. Chief
Pelican 1520's for the drug box, I don't know what you are looking to carry. We have a smaller locked box mounted inside to secure controlled drugs, seems to work pretty well.

OP
OP
Medic2891

Medic2891

Forum Probie
Thanks for not hammering me. I normally do try to search, but was in a rush, and not thinking clearly. Anyway, thanks for the info guys. I am working off of a copy of a Plano 6103 or 6233 not sure which, and I am looking for other options. I know there are a lot out there, and thought I could get some ideas here, which I have. Thanks again.

boingo

Forum Asst. Chief
Look at the pelican boxes, they are bomb proof. We have a clear plastic insert that sticks to the inside of the cover, has an inner and outer sleeve with pockets for smaller meds, vials/ampules, syringes, etc... I don't know if the inserts are made by Pelican, but they probably are, when I get a chance I'll ask.

OP
OP
Medic2891

Medic2891

Forum Probie
I was wondering about their cost though. How are the Pelican boxes compared to the cost of the soft sided bags? How about ease of cleaning?

boingo

Forum Asst. Chief
Cleaning hasn't been an issue, its a plastic box. The 1550EMS with inserts lists for 209 and change on-line. The 1520 with foam insert is considerably less, but doesn't come with the EMS insert for the inside cover.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
take his advice. the pelican cases are indestructible, which is irrelevant becuas ethey have a life time replacement guarantee no questions asked.

edit: "This guarantee does not cover shark bite, bear attack or damage caused by children under five", so if thats a problem i dont know what to tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
take his advice. the pelican cases are indestructible, which is irrelevant becuas ethey have a life time replacement guarantee no questions asked.

edit: "This guarantee does not cover shark bite, bear attack or damage caused by children under five", so if thats a problem i dont know what to tell you.

Man, those children under five sure are destructive! Not like a six year old!

TgerFoxMark

Forum Lieutenant
Just on the topic of drug boxes, I picked up a "Johnny and Roy" Orange med box at a flea market. ($15!) its going into my collection of old ems toys... I think it will be wonderful if i ever get that Caddy ambulance running right again to put in it!