Does your rig match the FD?

Is your rig painted to match the fire department?

• Yes, and I prefer it that way

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Yes, but I don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I prefer it that way

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • No, but I would like it to

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

JerseyEMT87

Forum Probie
Though our FD and FAS are a very tight group, and we did start out in the firehouse, I like how it is easy to tell we belong with eachother, yet we are two seperate groups all together. Another thing I like about not matching the FD, If I am going to my truck for something urgent on a fire scene, I don't accidentally walk to the FD's rescue truck (which is not a rig, it carries supplies)

TheAfterAffect

Forum Lieutenant
Well stay out of Florida. Fire fighters ARE EMS in most of the state.

Calm down there Sasha, He's just stating that Fire has no place in EMS, Which it doesn't.

Im a Firefighter and an EMT in Jersey. Luckily here they are separate entities and we all prefer it that way. The Fire Department is set up fine, and the few paid towns in jersey that have an EMS Unit with their FD's hire just EMT's also to work just their Ambulances. They don't have to be FF's.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Big suburban ALS: No, and I prefer it that way.
College Town ALS: No, and I prefer it that way.
Small backwoods BLS: Yes, and I hate it.
Rural paid BLS: No, and I prefer it that way, although it does run out of FD
Private Transport service: No, and I prefer it that way.

Keep Fire off my EMS!!

Hal9000

Forum Captain
Calm down there Sasha, He's just stating that Fire has no place in EMS, Which it doesn't.

Im a Firefighter and an EMT in Jersey. Luckily here they are separate entities and we all prefer it that way. The Fire Department is set up fine, and the few paid towns in jersey that have an EMS Unit with their FD's hire just EMT's also to work just their Ambulances. They don't have to be FF's.

Out here, fire has BLS non-trans. I find that the personalities of the people in the two systems are often very different. I appreciate fire a lot, though. Today I went to four rollovers between 0700 and 0900. Fire was there for every one, and they had my back. One FF came over and advised us of some hazard that we had not recognized, and I was darn glad that he noticed. He told me that he was happy to help, because his unit was there to help us and keep everyone safe. I think that's a great system. FFs do a hard, dangerous job. It's one that I wouldn't really like, and most of my coworkers wouldn't either.

I think that the job types do really have a large difference in personality...but that's just my two cents.

BOT, my colors are not the same as the FDs here at all. I like it that way.

RailFan77

Forum Crew Member

AfterAffect....your trucks are as big as fire trucks....esp the rescue truck.

Just Kidding man. Which station are you in? Are you by the post office or at the station on Hamburg?

41 Duck

Forum Lieutenant
If our FD painted their trucks to match my rig, I'd repaint it just to keep it different from 'em.

Later!

--Coop