Doctors and training

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Do foreign doctors have the same standards as us? What about US med students going to a foreign school but coming back to the US?

Does the difficulty getting into med school (apparently it's too keep doctors paid well with supply and demand but I dunno) hurt our Healthcare or keep it at a high standard of care? What about availability?

Like do you trust a US MD/DO more or less than certain countries?

If you are a doctor anywhere else by their standards do you just get reciprocity?

Achilles

Forum Moron
Yes in general it’s easier to get into med school in the Caribbean and sometimes other countries.
in the end, I don’t care where the doctor at the ED got his degree from, nor my Personal GP, just as your patients don’t ask wher you went to EMT school at, it’s just a piece of paper, it’s the experience where the knowledge comes from, which is why residency and fellowships take as much time if not more than actual school.

OP
OP
DragonClaw

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Yes in general it’s easier to get into med school in the Caribbean and sometimes other countries.
in the end, I don’t care where the doctor at the ED got his degree from, nor my Personal GP, just as your patients don’t ask wher you went to EMT school at, it’s just a piece of paper, it’s the experience where the knowledge comes from, which is why residency and fellowships take as much time if not more than actual school.

Then do you check where they went to school or fellowships?

I think EMT is far less asked about because it's so low on the totem. Most times I feel like a glorified layperson anyway. Like a lot of the stuff you could learn on the job with an extended FTO and a few study hours.

I don't think a Dr should do that.