Do you guys remember everything from the human body chapter

josh rousseau

Forum Crew Member
I get all of it had a purpose but I’m struggling to remember everything from this chapter and am stressing a lot

Benjamin123

Forum Probie
Is this chapter 6 from the 11th edition of transportation of the sick and injured. Because if so that is one long freakin chapter haha. And no I doubt any one remembers everything from it. I sure don’t.

OP
OP
J

josh rousseau

Forum Crew Member
Is this chapter 6 from the 11th edition of transportation of the sick and injured. Because if so that is one long freakin chapter haha. And no I doubt any one remembers everything from it. I sure don’t.
U got the book to a t I just like can’t remember everything from it and am stressing

Flummox

Forum Probie

Is this standard in most classes? Mine uses the 13th edition of Emergency Care. Regardless, I envy your psychic abilities. Rock on with your bad self.

Benjamin123

Forum Probie
Is this standard in most classes? Mine uses the 13th edition of Emergency Care. Regardless, I envy your psychic abilities. Rock on with your bad self.
I think it just depends on the community college/institution that’s teaching it. Every place has there own book. And I’ve been working on my psychic ability’s haha. I remember the human body chapter though from when we went though it. And it is a butt kicker.

Benjamin123

Forum Probie
U got the book to a t I just like can’t remember everything from it and am stressing
Learn the bones especially if they give you a bones test. Learn the heart and how blood flows through it. And the basics of the male and femal reproductive system which I bet you already know. If you go to the end of the chapter there is a bunch of orange pages that give all the importabt words from chapter. Skim through and try to remember those. You’ll be fine. I just learned how the blood flows through the heart and we did chapter 6 a few weeks ago

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
A chapter? I struggle to remember everything from 3 semesters of Anatomy and Physiology.

The clinical relevance can be difficult to see sometimes but the idea is to develop as close to an intuitive understanding of how the body functions as possible to guide your decision making. It’s hard when everything is new and you’re trying to learn skills, but regular review of A&P will provide big dividends long term.

Virgil

Forum Crew Member
Took me a while, but I got it eventually. Make sure you know the heart/cardiac blood flow FORWARDS and BACKWARDS. This will help a ton during Cardiac Emergencies.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
It isn't like thsere is anything special that we are going to make it click for you or make you less stressed I think. You just have to get through it.

Like others said, you won't be expected to know everything. After school, I think most EMTs/parameidcs forger it. I know we emphasize anatomy and physiology on this forum, but I personally think it is overrated and often not useful to assessment and clinical care in the prehospital setting. For example, knowing the anatomy of the heart doesn't make it any easier to ask OPQRST for chest pain. Even at the medic level, knowing the anatomy of the heart doesn't help me interpret 12-leads.

Good luck!

OP
OP
J

josh rousseau

Forum Crew Member
I know the bones and flow of the heart and reproductive systems I know nothing is gonna just make it click just hope I’m not expected to know everything

TheEleventhHour

Forum Crew Member
Anatomy surprisingly was the easiest area for me to remember. It was Cardiology that I couldn't seem to retain information for. Quizlet has some great & simple diagrams for Anatomy for EMT's if you get a chance to search their site.

RESCUERANDYEMS

Forum Crew Member
The Orange Book is on Edition 13 now. My class is on Chapter 14 now. Dont stress man. Each chapter will cover anatomy before going into the subject itself. Your gonna get plenty of anatomy practice with each chapter.