DNR Tattoo

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
Has anyone heard of the DNR tattoo's? I was wondering what everyone's take on them were...I know that legally they can't be used..but if you saw one would it change anything?

MRE

Forum Captain
I have heard of them and seen some pictures. You are right that a DNR tattoo cannot be honored legally, however if I saw one, I would definitely look for a DNR/Comfort Care document or ask the patient/family members if there was a document.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
DNR has about as much validity in legal terms as the "love forever" ones. Hmmm.. and we see well, those worked out!

R/r 911

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
i would not accept it. mass reg require the oems blue form(or a copy, or the bracelet). no stipulation for allowing tatts

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd call med control and see what they wanted us to do.

94accord

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, DNR tattoos are not honored in Delaware... but a funny thing to get. At least it would make the techs inquire about a legal form.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm trying to imagine what a Physicians Orders on Life Sustaining Treatment tattoo would look like. Our state has such a huge document it would take a fair amount of skin to print one out.

I have seen tattoos for allergies and medical conditions though.

sandboxmedic

Forum Crew Member
HAHAHAHAHA, a Few of my guys here, have there blood type tattoed mid forearm, and a bunch of the crew has " Tag Here" with an arrow pointing to the big toe..........idiots,......funny, but i wonder about them sometimes...LOL