Digital medical dictionary?

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know / have first hand experience with any good digital medical dictionaries? I know both Miriam-Webster and Mosby have Kindle versions, but I was looking for something that I could run on one of our field notebooks (WinXP) that we keep in the ambulance.

Web pages probably aren't going to work; while we've got air cards our connection is sometimes flaky. If they offer a dedicated download that'd probably work, though.

dhaage

Forum Crew Member
Off the top of my head, you can get the kindle app for pc and do that, I'm sure there are much better options though. I'll check more when I get home.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah -I was hoping for a stand-alone version rather than the Kindle version. Was ultimately hoping to be able to integrate it a little more into other stuff on that laptop, and Kindle format is .pdf at the end of the day. Makes it tough to use for other stuff.

OP
OP
L

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant
Hmm...that's kind of cool. It seems to be missing a lot, but for a free product it's worth the download. I wonder if additional entries can be made to the database...

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
Epocrates is great, but they don't have software for PCs, only mobile devices or online.