Digital Camera

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
I'm looking for a good digital camera... used or otherwise. Even if you don't have one to sell, but know of a good device let me know. I'm looking at purchasing one camera to be used for both personal and business purposes.

gradygirl

TROUBLE
The Kodak V550s are incredible. I've had mine for almost a year and have no complaints whatsoever.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm somewhat of a digital camera nut. I have my fair share of small point and shoot, and I also have the Canon Rebel XT Digital SLR camera.

I got my first digital camera back in 1999, and it was a big ole thing that used floppies to store the images. Since then I've always kept an eye on the new technology and the best values.

For my every day pictures, the camera I take to parties, and the one I use on the rig, I use the Canon SD230. They have new versions, but it is the "college" camera for people that want to be able to take it out with them, drop it ten times, and still get great pictures. I have put it through far too much abuse, and it still does a great job. I keep it in my pocket when I'm working EMS. Again, I've dropped it far too many times, and it keeps on working great.

Whatever you do, please visit Fatwallet's forum and search for "Camera" You'll see the latest and greatest camera deals, and the posts with the bigger green bars indicates a better deal. The Fatwallet forum is where the true "ultimate" shoppers hang out. I've gottan $1,200 computers via the forum for $125, and I paid only $700 for my $900 digital camera. These people scan online stores for price mistakes or great deals, and then post it in the forum.

I hope that helps somewhat. Good luck!