Detroit EMS hits a new low

Too Old To Work

Forum Lieutenant
actually it IS true

Ever heard of a no work job?

Its a union term

Unions = corruption

Didn't Detroit's last Mayor go to prison? Didn't the FD spend $200K to refurbish a fire station that's been closed for over 29 years? It doesn't sound like it's the unions that are the problem here. A Democratic controlled city, with a dying industry (automobiles), that wastes money while public safety is starved.

Sounds like political corruption to me, not a union issue.

AtlantaEMT

Forum Crew Member
This is just not true. 4 decades of corruption did more to ruin the city than any other single issue they've faced.

Unions run that town and Detroit is an example of what happens when gangsters... I mean Unions run a town. However, I'd like to thank the Unions in Detroit for diverting so much business to the South.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
Unions run that town and Detroit is an example of what happens when gangsters... I mean Unions run a town. However, I'd like to thank the Unions in Detroit for diverting so much business to the South.

Unions do no such thing and if ya look around, the south still looks 50 years behind the times compared to much of our country. Old run down towns in ruin..... Looks like China, Mexico and India got the last laugh <_<

AtlantaEMT

Forum Crew Member
Unions do no such thing and if ya look around, the south still looks 50 years behind the times compared to much of our country. Old run down towns in ruin..... Looks like China, Mexico and India got the last laugh <_<

Haha, though the housing has slowed down a lot becuase we've built so much, businesses are moving in left and right. Kia for example...
http://www.kmmgusa.com/

The South is booming with business. Seriously, if you can't get a job in the South then you are probably not qualified to run a frialator and are hopeless anywhere (including India). Well anywhere except a Detroit assembly line.

And Unions are gangsters. They operate off of a mob mentality. Try driving a Honda into a Detroit GM plant parking lot and working there. After a year of working there you'll be able to change tires faster than a methed up Nascar pit crew. I've worked as a machinist for GM plants so I've seen it first hand.

FLEMTP

Forum Captain
Haha, though the housing has slowed down a lot becuase we've built so much, businesses are moving in left and right. Kia for example...
http://www.kmmgusa.com/

The South is booming with business. Seriously, if you can't get a job in the South then you are probably not qualified to run a frialator and are hopeless anywhere (including India). Well anywhere except a Detroit assembly line.

And Unions are gangsters. They operate off of a mob mentality. Try driving a Honda into a Detroit GM plant parking lot and working there. After a year of working there you'll be able to change tires faster than a methed up Nascar pit crew. I've worked as a machinist for GM plants so I've seen it first hand.

+1 on that

for effect i highlighted the important part