Dependable care ambulance shutdown-Los Angeles

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Why actually, yes, as a matter of fact if you billed medicare or their insurance for both ends of the trip requiring an ambulance then IT IS fraud. If you adjusted the documentation so that it appeared the person required an ambulance for both ends of the trip when they really didn't then IT IS fraud. Thank you for admitting that you run a fraudulent buisness with illegal billing practices.

You can attempt to justify your actions however you want and try to make yourself out to be the good guy, but the plain truth of the matter is that you, and all those who follow similar practices to you are defrauding the government, insurance companies, and individual people to line your pockets.

Good buisness plan if you can get away with it.
Welome to Los Angeles.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
It's only fraud if the initial trip is billed as requiring an ambulance (in that particular instance). If the initial run is billed as a gurney trip or wheelchair trip, and on the return trip the patient is evaluated/documented truthfully as requiring at least BLS monitoring, then the return trip would be OK to bill as an ambulance trip. However, doing that will invite extra scrutiny as the insurance company may question why the patient was OK for one type of trip before and another after a given appointment.

I have done many, many trips in the ambulance where the patient was "only" a wheelchair trip and was billed as a wheelchair trip, even though the ride itself was provided in an ambulance. This was done only in instances where our wheelchair vans were too overbooked to accommodate a given trip.
That's what I mean; it may be ok for one half of a roundtrip but if an ambulance isn't needed for the other half then LYING and saying it was would be fraud, and thus illegal. Same if you were using an ambulance as a wheelchair van; if it was only billed as a wheelchair trip ok, but if it was billed as an ambulance run because that was what was used (even though it was not needed) that would be <drum roll please> illegal. Justify it however you want, it is what it is.

OP
OP
L

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
That's what I mean; it may be ok for one half of a roundtrip but if an ambulance isn't needed for the other half then LYING and saying it was would be fraud, and thus illegal. Same if you were using an ambulance as a wheelchair van; if it was only billed as a wheelchair trip ok, but if it was billed as an ambulance run because that was what was used (even though it was not needed) that would be <drum roll please> illegal. Justify it however you want, it is what it is.
Her is small issue actually big issue. Medicare do not cover gurney van/wheelchair van. So unless person have secondary insurance that cover wheelchair van, patient is screwed for A leg each time. Good luck finding provider that would be willing to take patient one way for free and only get paid for return trip.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Her is small issue actually big issue. Medicare do not cover gurney van/wheelchair van. So unless person have secondary insurance that cover wheelchair van, patient is screwed for A leg each time. Good luck finding provider that would be willing to take patient one way for free and only get paid for return trip.
LOL... Well ****, "good luck finding someone who is willing to do things legally/honestly..."

Wow... Just WOW!.

I hope you go to prison.

OP
OP
L

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
LOL... Well ****, "good luck finding someone who is willing to do things legally/honestly..."

Wow... Just WOW!.

I hope you go to prison.

There is multiple way of evaluating person without it being fraud. Just because someone can sit in wheelchair on the way to dialysis today do not mean they are same way tomorrow. etc. With that being said, IFT for dialysis business is dying slowly.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
There is multiple way of evaluating person without it being fraud. Just because someone can sit in wheelchair on the way to dialysis today do not mean they are same way tomorrow. etc. With that being said, IFT for dialysis business is dying slowly.
No... It's dying because they are cutting down on the FRAUD. What are you not understanding about that? I'm not going to argue with you. Clearly, you're part of the problem. I will be happy to see you shut down, fined, and imprisoned for taking advantage of patients, young EMTs, taxpayers, and society as a whole. A spade by any other name is still a spade; you've been exploiting the loopholes and running the scam with your unethical business practice for long enough... A plague on American society, contributing to the demise of the American dream. Maybe one day you'll do the honorable thing, if you catch my drift.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Bro Care aka Pro Care just got its medicare conviction. Back to East Europe for the owners but they will be back in a few years with a new ambulance company.

etoh5150

Forum Ride Along
Bro Care aka Pro Care just got its medicare conviction. Back to East Europe for the owners but they will be back in a few years with a new ambulance company.

BroCare.... HAHAHAHAHA that's the funniest thing I've heard. All those Glendale companies need to go.