Del Norte Ambulance

Doc642

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone in this forum work for or know anything about the ambulance system that runs in Crescent County California?

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Longggggg transfers!!!! Little mom and pop service that runs all the 911 and IFT there. They have a lot of turnover due to new medics going there just to get some 911 exp then leave.

Chupathangy

Forum Crew Member
I'm a little curious now too. Are there pretty good calls there? You mentioned a lot of medics go there for experience. Or is that just because they hire pretty liberally? Any idea what pay and shifts are like, or I guess what morale is like there?

Kathead

Forum Ride Along
It's Crescent City and Del Norte County.
I am from Humboldt County and spent a lot of time up there, I had to fix it. :D

emergency123

Forum Crew Member
I worked there and the owner is an Paramedic who worked in the Los Angeles County EMS System back in the 80, (Professional Ambulance based out of Glendale California) He is a good and well educated individual. The EMT and Paramedic crews are good to work with, at least for the most part. The Operations Manager though is a real tool. He feeds off of employees to make himself look good, everyone see's right through him especially the seasoned guys and gals. To bad the owner Ron has close family ties with the OPS guy and that's why he is in the position tat he is at. Great company to work for if you want a good selection/type of calls. From great trauma runs to crap long distance 50-51 transfers. They had an air ambulance but due to FAA reg. ext they had to shut it down. If you decide to work for Del Norte Ambulance make sure you say hello to a paramedic there by the name of Chris Hunt. He is OLD SCHOOL and you can learn alot from him....I know. I've been in the field for almost 25 years and we worked great together and any EMT that drives with him will gain a lot of knowledge especially if you want to become a paramedic yourself. Check back with me if you would like to know more. Best of luck in your EMS endeavors.