Dating within your service

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
What? It's illegal to flirt with the nurses?!

oh god nooooo!

Afraid so fm,if the nurse takes it wrong and its one that you dont know you can get into alot of trouble.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Afraid so fm,if the nurse takes it wrong and its one that you dont know you can get into alot of trouble.

Remember, if she thinks you're cute... it's flirting.

If not, it's sexual harrassment. :-D

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
It's only harrassment if the other person asks you to stop and you don't. It can't be considered harrassment if the 'victim' never told you or someone in a position of authority over you, that they found the behavior offensive.

What individuals consider offensive is varied. It also has to do with the relationship between the parties. There are some people I will take no end of :censored: from because I know them well and dish out an equal amount back. But there are some people from whom the same amount of familiarity is just creepy.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I like to date in other people's service but I am told to keep that to myself. Whoops!

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
It's only harrassment if the other person asks you to stop and you don't. It can't be considered harrassment if the 'victim' never told you or someone in a position of authority over you, that they found the behavior offensive.

What individuals consider offensive is varied. It also has to do with the relationship between the parties. There are some people I will take no end of :censored: from because I know them well and dish out an equal amount back. But there are some people from whom the same amount of familiarity is just creepy.

Clearly you missed the joke in there. ;-)

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh fm, you are such a flirt! :wub: Wuv it!!;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
So.. TCert... How'd you, um, make out?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
OP
OP
gradygirl

gradygirl

TROUBLE
OK, so now that we've been on a couple of dates, I dunno. I mean, he's a nice guy, but the puzzle pieces aren't quite fitting together correctly. Besides, he's a little old...

I dunno, I'm going to keep my options open. Besides, I'm 19 and not looking for as serious a relationship as he is. (Go figure, a 19 y.o. wanting to have a fun time instead of looking to settle down...)

P.S. fyrdog, we're working together on the 20th!

Last edited by a moderator:

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
OK, so now that we've been on a couple of dates, I dunno. I mean, he's a nice guy, but the puzzle pieces aren't quite fitting together correctly. Besides, he's a little old...

I dunno, I'm going to keep my options open. Besides, I'm 19 and not looking for as serious a relationship as he is. (Go figure, a 19 y.o. wanting to have a fun time instead of looking to settle down...)

P.S. fyrdog, we're working together on the 20th!

Age is nothin but a number. Im 32 and married to a 23 yr old. How old is the guy?

OP
OP
gradygirl

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Umm, he's 37.

And I know that age is just a number, I like older guys. My best friend/practically my twin is 34 (basically he's the male version of me.) And one of the last guys I dated was 31.

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
TCERT I'll see you on the 20th. I had two different partners book off this week so my 24 hours turned into 12. Have fun until then!

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
Oh ok i c,i guess there is nothin wrong with that,ive had 17 and 18 yr olds try to get with me,i dont mind it,they're of age.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
Even though we are old,we still are kids at heart.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Ok, I give up! *revives old thread*

Forget everything else I said in this thread.

Throw it all out the window.

My old g/f & I broke up a couple months ago..I didn't say anything about it on here... and I've kind of been seeing a girl that I work with. Aside from the 2 kids (ick! kids! on the bright side, hers seem quiet and well behaved..) .. uh, she's amazing.

But she's your age.. (20) and I'm 31.

So forget what I said. If you're happy, and things fit, go for it. I was totally wrong and I admit it. :p

TheDoll

Forum Captain
i'm 33 and my boyfriend is 45. i love him, and he loves me. things work with us, but i think more than anything it's bc we are in similar places in our lives despite the age difference. neither one of us have kids, etc. we've been together for 3 years and living together for 1 1/2 years. however, we don't work together. good luck whatever happens. age can be an issue, but it's not always THE issue.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Forget everything else I said in this thread.

Throw it all out the window.

My old g/f & I broke up a couple months ago..I didn't say anything about it on here... and I've kind of been seeing a girl that I work with. Aside from the 2 kids (ick! kids! on the bright side, hers seem quiet and well behaved..) .. uh, she's amazing.

But she's your age.. (20) and I'm 31.

So forget what I said. If you're happy, and things fit, go for it. I was totally wrong and I admit it. :p

Ok, everything I said about forgetting what I said? FORGET IT.

Don't date within the service. As I am now finding out the hard way, the drama just can't seem to stay outside of work.

DON'T DO IT!

meanwhile, I'm spitting up pieces of a broken heart.