CT Paramedic Programs and UNH Paramedicine Degree

RunnerD1987

Forum Crew Member
Been bouncing back and forth between paramedic or nursing, but even though work inpatient care can't be interested as working as a nurse. I am planning on looking into taking a medic program in CT. UNH caught my eye of an article posted from a few years back I found.

It made the program sound interesting as it would be a combo of fire science and paramedic studies, but just seems an extension of New Haven Sponsor program leading to a degree as an associate or bachelor. I really like UNH for their Master Fire Science program's they offer, but figure be less expensive to go to Yale Sponsor Hospital Program.

Does anyone know if Yale Sponsor Hospital program does rotations in various hospital areas? They mention on UNH they work clinical rotations on various floors, which I think is a great idea. I work with on an inpatient unit, but don't believe I have seen any paramedic student's rotate through. I have seen a few EMT students in the ER though, so was curious.

Any recommendations on programs in Connecticut is it better to go through a college or an independent program? I think there is at least somewhere between five to seven programs in the state so curious if any recommendations on any of the programs would be awesome.

I mean I really don't want to travel to Norwalk or Hartford, ha, but if it means I can become a medic after completing the program will go for it.

I was looking into:

Yale New Haven Sponsor Hospital program

Bridgeport Hospital Program

New Britain Medical Academy

Norwalk Community College

Capital Community College

I know there is Goodwin and UNH, but think they are super super super expensive in term's of program's, think I read close to $20,000. I miss NVCC not having a medic program any more :-( though! Appreciate any responses have a good one!!!

EMTaylor

Forum Probie
I know I'm a few months late on this, but figured I'd put some info out there.

I graduated from Sponsor in December and it is a fantastic program. I also know that Bridgeport is also Yale New Haven Hospital owned, so the curriculum may look fairly similar. Sponsor is the "beast" if you will in the New Haven area. It cranks out the most EMTs and Paramedics. As far as clinical rotations in hospitals, we did only work in the ER departments in Yale and in St. Raphael's. We did have to do rotations with AMR and FDs as well. Regardless, I am sure that if you asked the right people, they'd let you work just about anywhere as long as people were willing to teach you and have you follow along.

If anyone else wants more info as far as Sponsor Hospital program in CT, feel free to message me.

beaucait

Forum Crew Member
Been bouncing back and forth between paramedic or nursing, but even though work inpatient care can't be interested as working as a nurse. I am planning on looking into taking a medic program in CT. UNH caught my eye of an article posted from a few years back I found.

It made the program sound interesting as it would be a combo of fire science and paramedic studies, but just seems an extension of New Haven Sponsor program leading to a degree as an associate or bachelor. I really like UNH for their Master Fire Science program's they offer, but figure be less expensive to go to Yale Sponsor Hospital Program.

Does anyone know if Yale Sponsor Hospital program does rotations in various hospital areas? They mention on UNH they work clinical rotations on various floors, which I think is a great idea. I work with on an inpatient unit, but don't believe I have seen any paramedic student's rotate through. I have seen a few EMT students in the ER though, so was curious.

Any recommendations on programs in Connecticut is it better to go through a college or an independent program? I think there is at least somewhere between five to seven programs in the state so curious if any recommendations on any of the programs would be awesome.

I mean I really don't want to travel to Norwalk or Hartford, ha, but if it means I can become a medic after completing the program will go for it.

I was looking into:

Yale New Haven Sponsor Hospital program

Bridgeport Hospital Program

New Britain Medical Academy

Norwalk Community College

Capital Community College

I know there is Goodwin and UNH, but think they are super super super expensive in term's of program's, think I read close to $20,000. I miss NVCC not having a medic program any more :-( though! Appreciate any responses have a good one!!!
Are you registered as an EMT Basic? Because if you are United Ambulance in Maine has a really good program going from EMT-B to Paramedic. It is once a week, and it's fairly cheap. It's like $8,995 for the whole program. I think it starts soon though.