Confused about FDNY EMT!

OP
OP
R

redbull

Forum Lieutenant
But what about people with cards?

When do they plan to hire next class?

Gotta take the civil service exam. Then get on the list. Could take up to half a year after the whole process is finished to hear back from them. I don't know about you, but I need to start working to keep my skills sharp and to make money.

Although I heard thru a friend that if they get alot of applicants (with cards), they'll start contacting and giving exams. Who knows, I've heard these rumblings thru NASSAUFDRANT. Taking it with a grain of salt...

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
Gotta take the civil service exam. Then get on the list. Could take up to half a year after the whole process is finished to hear back from them. I don't know about you, but I need to start working to keep my skills sharp and to make money.

Although I heard thru a friend that if they get alot of applicants (with cards), they'll start contacting and giving exams. Who knows, I've heard these rumblings thru NASSAUFDRANT. Taking it with a grain of salt...

They have a civil service list, and a provisional list , it seems...

Last I heard, from the phone # person, they were planning to hire for Sept 2010, however, now when I call they are tight lipped.

OP
OP
R

redbull

Forum Lieutenant
They have a civil service list, and a provisional list , it seems...

Last I heard, from the phone # person, they were planning to hire for Sept 2010, however, now when I call they are tight lipped.

Gone are the FDNY booths at the mall...Hmmm...