Concentra

Hockey

Quackers
Anyone ever hear of this company? Work for them?

http://www.concentra.com/

http://www.concentra.com/careers/

Job Link

Emergency Medical Technician with Commercial Driving A or B License
Tracking Code
205450-005
Job Description

Concentra is seeking to hire EMTs for a per diem opportunity with our Mobile Medical Units out of the Romulus area. Qualified candidates will have good customer service, communication and computer skills. Requires current EMT credentials and CPR certification with previous commercial driving experience. Class A, B or similar CDL required.

JOB SUMMARY:
Administers first-aid and episodic care services to sick or injured persons within mobile medical unit, working as member of emergency medical team in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures and applicable regulations.

MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
'Responds to instructions.
'Maintains vehicles, equipment and replenishes supplies as needed.
'Assist medical personnel as needed.
'Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
'Performs other duties, as assigned.

TO APPLY: Visit the Concentra internet site, www.concentra.com/careers. You will be able to apply on-line and attach your resume for review.
Required Experience

EDUCATION/CREDENTIALS:
'Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician with CDL experience.

JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
'3 years experience in job related field.

JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
'Demonstrated knowledge of clinical procedures.
'Demonstrated medical knowledge, techniques and information needed to treat injuries.
'Demonstrated ability to administer first aid/emergency care.
'Demonstrated ability to speak effectively and convey information to supervisors, peers and customers.
'Demonstrated knowledge of human behavior and performance.
'Demonstrated ability use judgment and perform critical thinking.
'Demonstrated ability to operate and control equipment or systems.
CDL driving experience preferred.

WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
'Mobile Clinic Environment
'Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of pressure.
Job Location
Romulus, MI, US.
Position Type
Temporary
Salary
14-17 US Dollar (USD)

I applied just for the heck of it, and got a email back about a hour back asking me to contact them to talk further.

Not really too sure why they would want a CDL though? Maybe semi truck with trailer?

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Concentra is an urgent care type clinic that does a lot of occupational medicine type stuff.

We often run to their office to transport to the hospital because they can't handle much there. I'm always amazed by the lack of knowledge in the doctors there. They're always more up on worker's compensation information and asking us about billing than wanting to tell us about the patient and their condition.

I assume you would be checking blood pressures, doing fit testing, maybe pulmonary function tests, and sometimes bandaging someone up so a security guard can drive them to the hospital to get stitches.