Code Theme Music?

trauma1534

Forum Captain
Trivia question for Jeepmedic and Fedmedic.... name the last name of one of the providers from back in the day at you know where who used to have a "code tape".... meaning, he played that tape in the system in the truck loud and through the back speakers while working a code. This code tape consisted of mostly Metalica... I remember woeking a code one night to the song Inner Sandman (I guess that's how you spell it) followed by Back in Black. He said that was how he consentraited. I've done it a few times myself since then. AC/DC works well for me... you can work a good code to Back in Black, Highway to Hell, Who Made Who is another good one. As far as playing a certain cd while responding, I really havn't done that. I am always listeing for dispatch to call back and update on the call. I love my sirines though... if someone calls for an ambulance, dang it, they gonna get an ambulance. As long as I've been in this business, I still get a high off of driving with lights and sirenes! HA!

Ok... Fed and Jeep... who was that provider? If you don't know, something is wrong! HA!

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
He has the same first name as one of us.

trauma1534

Forum Captain

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
What about Triple H's song on WWE. "Time to play the game"

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
On my last department, we had a guy that would play the theme from Third Watch as he was going to the station for a call in his POV.

That's actually "Keep Hope Alive" by The Crystal Method. Predated TW by a few years.

Great album too!

Fedmedic

Forum Lieutenant
I'll give Fed a chance to take a shot at it then I'll tell you who's right!

Now that is funny as hell! Before I even read all of yall's postings, I was going to say my favorite code music was Metallica. Due to one of my best partners from the past. And yall had beaten me too it.

Here's one to Brother Harris!! Still spreadin hate and stompin out disease on the streets of W-S!! :beerchug:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I know! How about that song from molie hackett (sorry about the spelling!) "Flirting with Disaster" Now thats a EMS driving theme song!! I was about 17 when I first heard that song!! :blush: :lol: :beerchug:

trauma1534

Forum Captain
Now that is funny as hell! Before I even read all of yall's postings, I was going to say my favorite code music was Metallica. Due to one of my best partners from the past. And yall had beaten me too it.

Here's one to Brother Harris!! Still spreadin hate and stompin out disease on the streets of W-S!! :beerchug:

And Harris it is!!! :beerchug: We need to recruit him by the way. He would make a nice addition to the EMTLife family! I'll just have to see what I can do about that! ;-)

jeepmedic

Forum Captain

:beerchug:

But Trauma Harris is too old to work a Computer

Last edited by a moderator:

trauma1534

Forum Captain
:beerchug:

But Trauma Harris is too old to work a Computer

And..... he has graduated from a nice power chair like fed's to a rusty old basic nursing home wheel chair!!! But, he is right by Fed at all the good calls telling him how to do what, only because he is now blind in one eye and can't see out the other!!! He's the man!

Last edited by a moderator:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I also like^_^ ^_^ ^_^ the song by David Bowie, "we could be heros"

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Okay, I'll admit to more than a time or two, hearing Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" in my head but do I get points for keeping it in my head?

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Bosseycow you can have as many points as you want!! :)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks! I'll just keep my favorite. The one on top of my pointy little head.;)

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
"Oh Sh*t" by Buzzcocks:

Oh sh*t I thought things were goin well
But it hasnt turned out so swell
Has it
Oh sh*t

Oh sh*t pride comes before a fall
Oh sh*t and once you lose one youve lost them all
Oh sh*t I guess this times the time

slawson

Forum Crew Member
Ok, it is a known fact there are whackers on this forum...you know who you are...

So, do you play theme music when flying code? If you do what do you usually play.

I would but it kinda tough to hear our VHF radios with the darn siren...
don't use it when responding cause thats uhm silly.. lol but check out "Artist in the Ambulance" by Thrice.... its pretty sweet...

firecoins

IFT Puppet
when I went lights and sirens, the song depended on the scene.

To a crime scene, police holding cell or the minimum secutity jail: the theme to cops, Bad Boys by Inner Circle

to a D.O.A: AC/DC's Back in Black

to a completely b.s. call/taxi ride: B.B. King's the Thrill is Gone

to an unknown emergency: The Beatles' Help

to a major car accident: Wagner's The Ride of theValkyries