Coat recommendations

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
It's cold in WA. Who knew. :lol: And this year we're supposed to have a terrible winter. I have some volly gigs where I'm going to be outside and need some recommendations on a coat I can keep warm and work in. Would need to be able to sew patches on it, waterproof would be fantastic. Ya'll have any recommendations for me?

Achromatic

Forum Lieutenant
I'll try to find out what the ones we use are. Awesome. Waterproof. Not too heavy, not too light, just right. Have to go into the station tomorrow...

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I'll try to find out what the ones we use are. Awesome. Waterproof. Not too heavy, not too light, just right. Have to go into the station tomorrow...

Thanks! That certainly helps having a local tested coat!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Field Jacket with liner.

If I had the money, I'd try out some of the coats offered by Duluth Trading Co.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
Elbeco is pretty much a uniform standard around here. Might want to check out what they have.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Had nylon "Rhinohide" coats once

So stiff when they got cold they would push up around your ears when you sat down. Very resistant to mechanical damage and somewhat water repellant.

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the help! I've been looking at this one but I can't figure out which size to get and the seller was absolutely no help when I asked for measurements. Like the length of the sleeve gives me an idea about anything else. Jee, thanks! :glare:

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
Blauer makes good products, but I wouldn't want anything with the fuzzy collar - tough to clean.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
It's cold in WA. Who knew. :lol: And this year we're supposed to have a terrible winter. I have some volly gigs where I'm going to be outside and need some recommendations on a coat I can keep warm and work in. Would need to be able to sew patches on it, waterproof would be fantastic. Ya'll have any recommendations for me?

move to Florida.

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Blauer makes good products, but I wouldn't want anything with the fuzzy collar - tough to clean.

Thanks! The collar comes off, I wouldn't wear it anyway. It's tacky and would irritate the heck out of my skin.

move to Florida.

No thanks, I dont like being hot.

Thanks! Checking it out now. :)

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I just went ahead and bought the coat I posted. I'll let ya'll know how I like it. Thanks again. :)