Class Starts In February!

AngryBarryFTW

Forum Probie
Reaction score
Ok, so i start my emt-b class in Feb. any advice to get a leg up in the game. i downloaded a study guide from an earlier post and i've gone over it everyday religiously for thee last 2 weeks. i just want to be the best emt right outta the gate...i also listened to a couple podcast

Ok, so i start my emt-b class in Feb. any advice to get a leg up in the game. i downloaded a study guide from an earlier post and i've gone over it everyday religiously for thee last 2 weeks. i just want to be the best emt right outta the gate...i also listened to a couple podcast

Don't sweat it, you will have plenty of time to learn in study while in basic class.

I am starting in July and also would like to know what would be a good starting to point to study.

The basic class really isn't all that hard. Like it says it's basic life support. Just remember to study the material your instructor gives you and try not to read to much into it. If you can watch any video's on how to spike a bag or get a CPAP ready then those might help. Not sure what area's yall live in but some area's let their basics do more then others.

The way to be the best EMT is to recognize that you won't be the best right out of the gate, and to acknowledge and accept that and learn. You have two ears and one mouth for a reason, listen twice as much as you speak.

what study guide did you look at? have a link? I start in 3 weeks and would like to be a little ahead of the game i like to be prepared going into things.

The way to be the best EMT is to recognize that you won't be the best right out of the gate, and to acknowledge and accept that and learn. You have two ears and one mouth for a reason, listen twice as much as you speak.

Amen! If a provider was to tell me they don't need to learn anymore, or that they are the best, I'd be running in the opposite direction.

Back