cincinatti ohio area EMS

knxemt1983

Forum Lieutenant
well I am in paramedic school in Tn right now but am going to start looking for a new place to move once i get out of school, and am thinking about the cincinatti ohio area, but don't really know a whole lot about it. i am looking for all the info, whether it may be a website for contacts in the area, or just general knowledge that you all have, like payscales for paramedics, places to work, places not to work. the only thing I know is i want to work for a 911 service.

i don't know where else to look, I tried searching the web but can only learn so much from that. thanks for any help you can give

doc5242

Forum Crew Member
well, how long have you been an EMT ? alot of 911 services are reluctant to hire a medic fresh out of class. i know MAST pays well if you are willing to relocate

OP
OP
K

knxemt1983

Forum Lieutenant
well, how long have you been an EMT ? alot of 911 services are reluctant to hire a medic fresh out of class. i know MAST pays well if you are willing to relocate

well, I have been an emt for a little over 5 years. I see your point about being right out of medic school, I will probably wait a little while to move. I hadn't really thought about that, maybe a year or so after I get out.

Asclepius

Forum Lieutenant
It's not 911 based, but there is a company called Medcorp who will hire anyone who walks in off the streets and has a pulse. The pay is descent, but the management is lacking and they violate OSHA standards. I worked there for a total of five shifts before I pointed out several areas they were lacking and walked out.

OP
OP
K

knxemt1983

Forum Lieutenant
It's not 911 based, but there is a company called Medcorp who will hire anyone who walks in off the streets and has a pulse. The pay is descent, but the management is lacking and they violate OSHA standards. I worked there for a total of five shifts before I pointed out several areas they were lacking and walked out.

I will probably stay away from there, good management is a necessity