CID'S? Foam or disposable?

emtchicky156

Forum Crew Member
Just wondering who is still using the foam cid's and who is using the disposables. We switched to plastic disposables about a year ago, and would never go back. They are great and you dont have to worry about grabbing a board that doesnt have the straps. At first we did have problems with them not sticking to a cold/wet board but that was resolved. Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I didnt see it anywhere.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by emtchicky156@Feb 21 2005, 02:51 PM
At first we did have problems with them not sticking to a cold/wet board but that was resolved.
How?????

My one squad still uses the genuine FERNO CID's, and the other uses the big, "multi-grip" paired disposible foam rolls - our biggest complaint is that the straps are "duct tape" and stick to gloves too easily.

I know the disposibles are easier to deal with from the decon and cost managment levels, but I actually prefer the big orange blocks to the multi-grip. I do like the laredal "semi-disposible" but haven't actually used one in real life.

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
We use these
18240.jpg
at the FD (Ferno Universal Immbilizer Model 445).

We use these
speedblock.jpg
at the ambulance corps (Laerdal Speed Blocks).

shorthairedpunk

Forum Lieutenant
the speed blocks look awesome.

we are using mainly towel rools (moronic crap), followed by some headbed IIs (crap, especially in the rain) and we have one or two of the Fernos, but theyre not kept on the board so its useless.

I spent a good deal of time and effort at my agency studying the pros and cons of various disposables. The two best(in the 5 dollar price range) were the Sta Bloks, and the plastic yellow deals with the pull tab (the name eludes me at the moment). The white foam rolls are good too.

But the morons who i gave the inventory to dont like me so they went with crap to spite me. My agency is mismanaged and disorganized and ran by two incompetent fools. (rant)

OP
OP
E

emtchicky156

Forum Crew Member
we use the plastic yellow things with the pull tabs, can't think of the name. The first shipment we got there was something wrong with the adhesive the reason they werent sticking they were sent back and the company fixed whatever was wrong. I know they are also some cardboard disposable ones that are just crap. The reason we went away from the orange cids is because they were thought to be a biohazard issue.

cbdemt

Forum Lieutenant
Greetings from the Stone Age! We use towel rolls.... not fancy, but it "Git's er done!" lol.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Foam roller HIDs.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by cbdemt@Feb 21 2005, 10:31 PM
Greetings from the Stone Age! We use towel rolls.... not fancy, but it "Git's er done! lol.
I guess that put's us in the "Cardboard Age" :D

We use the disposable cardboard CID's with Ferno Spider Straps.