Christ Paramedic Program 2015 Oak Lawn IL.....Post here if you got in..or not either is fine

NUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Looking for my future classmates for Fall 2015. Letters have gone out. Lots of pre-work to do so just wanted to open this up in case anyone was having trouble processing.

Gina Orsi

Forum Crew Member
Future classmate here haha. Pretty nervous since I am fresh out of EMT school, but excited to get started. How are all the pre-steps going? Congrats on getting accepted by the way!

OP
OP
NUEMT

NUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
SO far so good. I have gotten all the required vaccs and tests. I also pre-called all of the various clinics and test centers and such and made sure I started to collect the required documents. No problems yet. Physical is 58 dollars as told to me from the clinic. Not 116. already have my department set too. Congrats to you. Scheduling is a bit of a drag.

Gina Orsi

Forum Crew Member
Good to hear. I did my EMT through Christ and had the same physical in January so I should be set on my shots hopefully. Getting all the paperwork and testing set for mvcc is a drag. & $58 is a relief, there will be enough expenses throughout this program. Where are you planning on riding? I had hope to ride with Summit, but we are not permitted to ride with them even though they are ALS. Choosing a reliable department is the only issue I am having.

Gina Orsi

Forum Crew Member
It is odd because I am trying to find our book list through mvcc and it looks like our first semester is a basic review and the text we will be using is the same book from my emt program.

OP
OP
NUEMT

NUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Good to hear. I did my EMT through Christ and had the same physical in January so I should be set on my shots hopefully. Getting all the paperwork and testing set for mvcc is a drag. & $58 is a relief, there will be enough expenses throughout this program. Where are you planning on riding? I had hope to ride with Summit, but we are not permitted to ride with them even though they are ALS. Choosing a reliable department is the only issue I am having.
PM me.

OP
OP
NUEMT

NUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
112 views? Anyone else out there?

I thought the books were provided on the first night?

Gina Orsi

Forum Crew Member
Glad I came across this thread by chance. & they are but we need to register for ems 101 and 102 through moraine and I went to the site and you can find out which books are required for that course. That is the one for ems 101 anyways.

OP
OP
NUEMT

NUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Glad I came across this thread by chance. & they are but we need to register for ems 101 and 102 through moraine and I went to the site and you can find out which books are required for that course. That is the one for ems 101 anyways.
We register on the first night by paper right? or online too?

Gina Orsi

Forum Crew Member
I think we complete the form for the class on the first night, at least from what I can tell by the paperwork we received. But if you have never attended mvcc you need to register or something with them and get that "Colleage ID" number and have that by the first night.

OP
OP
NUEMT

NUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
ya I got that. I am currently working on getting out of the compass.

OP
OP
NUEMT

NUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
DOn't be nervous. Hopefully we get a good crew and work together to share information.

OP
OP
NUEMT

NUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I am not sure about the first day, but definitely the earlier the better. Slots fill up fast as I am told. And you probably do not want a private.

OP
OP
NUEMT

NUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Hey!

All is well. I am done. Where are you riding? I paid on the last possible day.

Gina Orsi

Forum Crew Member
Good to hear. I am going with burbank it is close to home and was recommended to me. Yourself? & same here, i nearly forgot we had to go to the academy and turn the receipt in also.