Chat Room

MedicSqrl

Forum Crew Member
Just was wondering if anyone uses the chat room anymore? Just been a little quite lately. When I was on it like 2yrs ago :), it was a hop'n place to be.

spiffy

Forum Probie
Was told that you had to have at least 50 posts to even attempt to join it. I wanted to, but I don't have enough posts for it.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I, too, have noticed that. I have been trying to sit around on the chat more recently... and am in it now, for a bit.

xgpt

Forum Crew Member
Why do you need at least 50 posts?

Isn't that a little ridiculous? I think I'm just posting this to up my count :glare:

*sigh*

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I think the Community Leaders and Chat Hosts would like to see you be a productive and contributing member of the community before allowing you the privilege of access to the chat room.
For the entire policy, see http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=8721
If you would like to express an individual concern, consider PMing a CL or CH directly.

spiffy

Forum Probie
oh i'm not complaining of it. i understand it. i just never have a good answer for people... lol. but i always seem to have questions! lol. I'm just happy I am able to start new threads which will help tremendously during school and i have silly questions to ask.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Why do you need at least 50 posts?

Isn't that a little ridiculous? I think I'm just posting this to up my count :glare:

*sigh*

It gives the moderators and other members a chance to identify the trolls.

That includes those who do nonsense posts with little meaning just to get chatroom privileges.

Last edited by a moderator:

fire_911medic

Forum Crew Member
I think it's a rather reasonable idea - especially considering they are reviewing what your posting history is to see if it is contributing or just junk. Obviously though sometimes you want to just blow off steam and talk to others, but I can see the benefit of having it restricted to productive members whatever their level of experience. Good place for all to join, learn, and enjoy !