Central California EVOC

Ezralite

Forum Ride Along
Hi, guys, just a quick question.

The school where I obtained my EMT-B certification, unfortunately, only offers EVOCs at their own whim, and didn't do so last semester and isn't in the coming one. I don't suppose one of you could point me in the direction of such a course in Central California, preferably in the Visalia-Porterville area or nearby?

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
My employer gave me EVOC, but, I'm down south....

FF894

Forum Captain
Not shooting down your self-initiative or anything, just curious why you are looking to take it? Do companies like it if you have it when you apply? Do companies mandate that you must take it and you are at your own devices to find the course? If not and you are just looking to take it for your own self-enrichment, rock on.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Try tech schools and colleges offering LE and fire technology.

Or go do fire or LE school!

OP
OP
Ezralite

Ezralite

Forum Ride Along
Not shooting down your self-initiative or anything, just curious why you are looking to take it? Do companies like it if you have it when you apply? Do companies mandate that you must take it and you are at your own devices to find the course? If not and you are just looking to take it for your own self-enrichment, rock on.

A bit of column A, a bit of B. My instructor informed me that it's a boost to my employment prospects if I apply with my ambulance driver's certificate in hand, and it'd be nice to have something to do during winter break, while I wait for my NREMT test/results =p

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Oooooooo, if you want your Ambulance Driver, you do NOT need EVOC. Go to the DMV website and search "Ambulance Driver License." It'll tell you what you need. FYI, there's a $5 dollar manual you need to buy, and, if you do a little googling (or even just searching this forum) there's a nice little website out there that helps you study....