CCP course comparison

OP
OP
E

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
I recently completed Creighton University's online CCP course. I can tell you going in, it was more work than I anticipated, but well worth the money spent. It does require you to commit time to the coursework and modules, and as I had mentioned to our primary instructor, was basically a "boot camp" for experienced medics. That's not to say if you don't have a certain number of years on as a paramedic that you won't succeed, although I believe one year might be the minimum experience required.

Overall, it was an excellent course, and provided me with knowledge far beyond what I learned when I studied for my FP-C. There is a mandatory skills/ cadaver lab followed by a skills final. You also have to do clinical rotations, 1 CCU, and 2 ICU days, which can be done at a local area hospital, or through their university. The primary instructor is very well versed in the aspects of critical care medicine, and leaves his contact info open to his students for both the online, and in person courses.

I will say that the Back To Basics course, and book are also excellent source if FP-C, or even CCP-C is your end goal. I took the course, and utilized Ms. Orchid's book to gain my FP-C with first time success. I tried sifting through the ACE-SAT, however, I personally did not care too much for it, but hey whatever works.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Very helpful stuff here, friend. Much obliged.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Oh you bet. ;)

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions I can answer.

I can't say for sure but I thought there may be one or two other posters on here who may have attended this course and can offer up their insights as well.

Like, I said, great course. If you have the time, money, and effort to spend and want to learn prehospital critical care this is well worth your time.

DWR

Forum Probie
I just finished the CCEMTP class at the UMBC campus literally yesterday. I thought that the whole experience was awesome! I would recommend it to anyone that wants to get their foot in the door for critical care or just further your education as a paramedic in general. I will say it's two weeks of power points which can turn into a grind (the cadaver lab itself makes up for all the lectures). Worth it in my opinion.