Cash Ambulance

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
This is the truth. When paramedic services began (private provider, Volusia County FL, 1975 or so) my company was in a cashflow crunch. The cost of running a full cardiac arrest, ALS level was...ready for this? $72.00! This included everything from ETI through defib and the full array of IVs and drugs.

If, upon arrival at the ER, we could get the people to pay CASH, they'd get a $15.00 discount.

It was MANDATORY (for a while, anyway) to try and collect at the hospital. And NO, the family didn't get a discount if we lost the patient.

Once again, reality trumps fiction in this business.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
This is the truth. When paramedic services began (private provider, Volusia County FL, 1975 or so) my company was in a cashflow crunch. The cost of running a full cardiac arrest, ALS level was...ready for this? $72.00! This included everything from ETI through defib and the full array of IVs and drugs.

If, upon arrival at the ER, we could get the people to pay CASH, they'd get a $15.00 discount.

It was MANDATORY (for a while, anyway) to try and collect at the hospital. And NO, the family didn't get a discount if we lost the patient.

Once again, reality trumps fiction in this business.

Yours were higher than mine. Ours were $36 for emergency, (code with full ALS).
We even carried MasterCard and Visa slide imprint device & had a Visa/MC sticker on the back window.

R/r 911