CARE Ambulance Interview

ryanbarton

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone, i have an interview next week with care ambulance. I was wondering if anyone knows any of the questions that may be asked during the interview or what else to expect like during the skills test, written exam, etc.
Thank you :)

292adam

Forum Probie
basically they're questions to gauge how you handle situations. there's nothing medically related to them. it's stuff like: has there ever been an instance where you had to assume leadership? have you ever had a disagreement with a team member and how did you resolve it. it's like ten questions like that for the interview. then the skills test they'll give you skills sheets and they'll give you like half an hour to study them. it's basic bleeding control, cpr, splinting, c-spine stuff, suction and uhh i forget but it's basic stuff just do exactly what it says on the skills sheets. it's gonna be oc protocols. the written exam is super easy it's real basic stuff it's like i think 30 or 50 questions. if you dont pass this you wont go onto the next steps so yeah. anyways the whole process takes about 4 hours? make sure to dress in full business attire like a suit and everything with the jacket. btw previous experience helps out a lot. without experience in ems you'll pretty much be denied. anyways good luck. it's a great company.

OP
OP
ryanbarton

ryanbarton

Forum Ride Along
thanks adam, for the help. have you every worked for care?

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
worked there for over 2 years, been awhile but the advice above is pretty much spot-on for the process, it is an awesome company, if I was still a basic I'd still be there.