Canadian College of EMS

BenKen0bee

Forum Ride Along
After finishing my EMR course with Emergency Services Academy in Sherwood Park, Alberta, I'm currently registered with CCOfEMS for the next level of training, EMT. However, I've also applied to ESA for their EMT program.

My question is, what does anyone know about these two schools? I've 'heard' various negative rumors about CCOFEMS, but have yet to find any solid information on this.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
i've also heard bad stuff about them with no solid proof. CCEMS is an approved program by ACOP. So if you get accepted there then go to CCEMS. Im considering taking my EMR either at CCEMS, AHASTI or Portage College. that is my service doesn't offer the course again if they do then I'll take it here. Our service has an instructor who is NAIT approved and we use the NAIT course.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I haven't heard anything bad about CCofEMS, but at the same time I haven't heard anything to the contrary...

username1

Forum Probie
I haven't heard anything bad about CCofEMS, but at the same time I haven't heard anything to the contrary...

worked alongside some people who received their EMT training from CCofEMS and they're not recommending the school themselves.
I think they're currently losing their CMA designation and is currently under appeal. In my opinion, there are other good schools with great reputation.