Cameras in Ambulances?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Isn't that how they are justifying all these big brother is watching programs, implementation of spy drones and so fourth... I can see it being used in this setting for it does provide an account of what happened if you fear lawsuits but on a private level like in our personal vehicles or a little drone above my city, No thank you.

Spy drones on comparison with pt compartment cameras...wow...

I worked on place that had them in the patient compartment. They were closed circuit, live cameras that didn't record. They were actually fairly useful. DriveCams are a reality. From a management standpoint they make sense. Don't like them? Seek employment elsewhere.There's no constitutional issues, it's not mandated by the government, it's a choice made by a private employer.

This thread is from 2007. I'm curious how many of the participants opinions have changed in the ensuing years.

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
Spy drones on comparison with pt compartment cameras...wow...

I worked on place that had them in the patient compartment. They were closed circuit, live cameras that didn't record. They were actually fairly useful. DriveCams are a reality. From a management standpoint they make sense. Don't like them? Seek employment elsewhere.There's no constitutional issues, it's not mandated by the government, it's a choice made by a private employer.

This thread is from 2007. I'm curious how many of the participants opinions have changed in the ensuing years.

I wouldn't mind them, I worked on camera before at other jobs and it serves its purpose. but I only used the comparison for private (civilian) life.

Impulse

Forum Probie
It really depends on the state and local laws. Here in Arizona at least 1 person needs to know the conversation is being recorded. So who ever is the pt compartment signed in his job application that he knew he was being recorded. That is all that is needed. The pt is not required to know.

And people need to assume they are always being monitored, at all times. As soon as I submit this, it will be recorded into the NSA database. Which will look for key words. This includes my phone conversations, emails, pretty much everything. Our 4th Amendment was eradicated, and will never return.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
Isn't that how they are justifying all these big brother is watching programs, implementation of spy drones and so fourth... I can see it being used in this setting for it does provide an account of what happened if you fear lawsuits but on a private level like in our personal vehicles or a little drone above my city, No thank you.

would you like some more tin foil for your hat?

seniorcareems

Forum Ride Along
New York ambulance services

New York ambulances services don't have cameras right now, but they might in the future. All that matters is that you find the best ambulance service NY offers.

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
We have two on our 2007 McCoy Miller F-450 (pictured in my avatar). There is one in the patient compartment and one on the back which is just a backup camera. Neither of them actually record, they are more of a monitor for the driver.