Forum Crew Member
gotta admire FDNY paramedics

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXln3ZujCqs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

OP
OP
tom

tom

Forum Crew Member
im gunna play that in the volvo when on call.....

were responding to a code 3 with the windows open and playing this at full blast.....

you see an ambulance coming and you hear sirens and "heart attack call 911"

:p:p:p:p

firecoins

IFT Puppet
yeah this video has come up several times.

code3emt

Forum Ride Along
Is he wearing a tactical armor carrier. It looks like a Safariland carrier that the gang and narcotics guys where at my department...

OP
OP
tom

tom

Forum Crew Member
it looks like Kevlar to me, just with a few pockets added to the plate jacket

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
So..FDNY EMS have officially lost whatever credibility they had as medical professionals.

It's also a really really really bad song. :p

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
So..FDNY EMS have officially lost whatever credibility they had as medical professionals.

It's also a really really really bad song. :p
Hehe, a lot of the EMTs in my area like it. o_O

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
i like it, i dont know why you say they lost credibility

does he have tactical bacon in that tactical vest?

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
i like it, i dont know why you say they lost credibility

That's sarcasm...right?

There's nothing odd to you about a low tier healthcare technician doing a gangsta rap dressed like rambo? Would you think it was equally sensible for a CNA? This just screams lame to me. EDIT: unless he's taking the piss, and I missed it.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
That's sarcasm...right?

There's nothing odd to you about a low tier healthcare technician doing a gangsta rap dressed like rambo? Would you think it was equally sensible for a CNA? This just screams lame to me. EDIT: unless he's taking the piss, and I missed it.

I have seen MDs doing a gangsta rap dressed like Rambo. So what?

I ave little respecr for CNA's. They may be better at doing gangsta rap.

The video did not lose or gain respect for EMS.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
I have seen MDs doing a gangsta rap dressed like Rambo. So what?

I ave little respecr for CNA's. They may be better at doing gangsta rap.

The video did not lose or gain respect for EMS.

Well if the docs were serious I would think less of them, but I would be willing to bet good money they were being ironic (better know as 'taking the piss' here in Aus). The problem is, I highly doubt these guys were being ironic. If this video doesn't seem weird to you guys, then I guess ya'll just be practicing a much more bad arse variety of prehospital care than we do here :p

I actually quite like hip hop, but aside from my thinking this video is unashamedly lame, its a crap song B)

firecoins

IFT Puppet
If this video doesn't seem weird to you guys, then I guess ya'll just be practicing a much more bad arse variety of prehospital care than we do here :p

I actually quite like hip hop, but aside from my thinking this video is unashamedly lame, its a crap song B)

I think your looking to find something wrong. The video might be lame but I have yet to see how it has anything to do with prehospital care.

GR1N53N

Forum Probie
I'm sure they were just 'taking the piss' and having a little fun. No problem there.

But, "brain attack"? Am I just mis-hearing that? :unsure:

Rob123

Forum Crew Member

"Brain attack" sounds much cooler than "stroke" and rhymes easier than "Cerebral Vascular Accident"

</sarcasm>

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Brain attack is to stroke as heart attack is to an MI. No problem there.

dmc2007

Forum Captain
I'm sure they were just 'taking the piss' and having a little fun. No problem there.

My instructor explained that this term has come about to help educate the public on the seriousness of a stroke and to put it more online with a heart attack (since the two are similar events, albeit with different consequences).

FLEMTP

Forum Captain
does he have tactical bacon in that tactical vest?

No no no.. not even close.. its a "tactical" collapsible detachable lead filled IV pole :p

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
I liked the video, he also has another one out. I mean it is something diffrent from the rap about making drug money, slapping women around and w/e. The guy loves his job and made a song about it. At least he remembers Sept 11th in it..

The Flack jacket is kinda crazy...