California New EMT seeking work (along with everybody else!)

emt hunter

Forum Ride Along
I am a 2010 graduate from the EMT program at Baldy View ROP Occupational Training Center in Ontario. I'm a 48-year-old stay at home Mom, whose last job (Borders, Inc.) was 1989-1999...I loved the program, the studying, the learning, the ridealongs, clinicals, all of it. I've been job hunting almost a year now, have had 8 or so interviews, and am interviewing with MedCoast Ambulance tomorrow and Impulse Ambulance next Tuesday. I've been rereading textbooks, taking practice test questions online and in review manuals, reviewing my skills book and skills DVDs, reading articles from all over different EMT websites. Over the phone, my interviewer for tomorrow, asks: "So, you graduated in May, 2010 and haven't worked. Can you tell me about that?" Said, it wasn't for lack of trying! It's been really competitive....

I realize the longer this goes on, maybe the less competent I look. I really don't know what more I can do...I'm older and don't have the experience: 2 strikes. But I don't want to give up and wonder, what if, down the road. Does anyone have any advice/opinions/info regarding this situation?

Thanks. EMT Hunter

TheyCallMeNasty

Forum Crew Member
I also went threw baldy view ROP in Fall 2010...I would try Bowers they are an IFT company mostly some 911 but i got a job there a month after i graduated and they are always hiring it seems