CA medic moving to TN. HELP!!

Justinrayj

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys,

I am a medic in California. Relocating to Tennessee, hopefully. But I am having a really hard time finding employment. I have experience. I just need ideas for companies that may be hiring or if anyone knows of any openings.

I would appreciate any help or direction anyone could provide.

Medkit

Forum Ride Along
Which part of Tennessee are you relocating to?

I just spent 7 years living in California with family and just moved back out here early 2014 to East Tennessee (The Oak Ridge, Knoxville, etc. area.)

One of the places that desperately needs workers is Knoxville Rural/Metro. My paramedic and EMT friends tell me that the moment I complete my education to check in with them, because "you can walk in there and leave with a job that day."

Also, if you're near Oak Ridge TN - Shoot for that! Because of their history (HEAVILY government funded for making nuclear bombs, etc.) the city pays well for almost every job. You'll be doing the same thing - but more well-stocked and well-paid in comparison to most other departments in the area.

If you're over in east-TN, I'm not sure where to go! All I know is that over here in Anderson County and Knox County, the EMS/Fire departments are fantastic :)

EDIT: Anderson County Emergency Medical Services only hires AEMT+ but with your paramedic training, you're already set there. Might check into that.

Also, in Knoxville: UT Medical Center is HUGE. - They have helicopters, a private ambulance system, etc. - Plenty of options for employment there as well.

OP
OP
J

Justinrayj

Forum Ride Along
Thank you! We're moving to the greater nashville area. But I don't mind a commute.